Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil door (and other things)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad(at)vision-technology

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Oil door (and other things) Reply with quote

I'd have to agree that the top cowling is so easy to remove that you are best off doing that and then are able to inspect other things firewall forward.

On a few other items...

- has anybody noticed that after you park the plane you get some overflow dripping on the ground from the coolant bottle? (this only seems to happen when it is below about 50 degrees or so) Engine temps are fine, regardless of ambient temps.

- I'd like to put a small hinged photo window in the pilot's door (maybe like a Cherokee window vent). I think there is a factory option for that. Has anybody tried this as a modification? If so I'd love to get pictures and advice.

- I talked to the people from Sadler last spring and also visited the Allegro/Vampire display at OSH 2009. I'm wondering if anyone has talked to them lately about getting back into production. ??

- I'm working in Houston this week. Any Allegro fliers nearby?

- And a final question.... why is this Allegro list so QUIET??? This is my 6th airplane and I've never met a group of owners who are so shy to talk about their planes! (Usually they won't shut up)... I'd like to think it is because Allegro's are so trouble-free and wonderful that we just keep flying them, rather than talking or complaining about them.

Brad Kramer
Allegro 2000 - N221FA
EAA 394357
Bismarck/Mandan ND (Y19)

[quote]--

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
hgmckay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Oil door (and other things) Reply with quote

Brad:

I have not had any overflow from the coolant bottle except under the following combined conditions:
1. Temps in the 85 to 95 degrees F
2. Plane sitting on hot asphalt runway with engine running for ten to 15 min.
3. Cylinder head temperature continuing to rise in the yellow range.

The above conditions have only occured in my case while having a prolonged delay in taking off from a paved airport in the hot summer months here in the southeast, with a lot of take-off traffic in front of me. I can't explain why you are having this problem at 50 degrees F!

In my case, I am having no problems with my Allegro, so I have little to nothing to offer at this point concerning problems, questions, or issues. I'm just flying, flying, flying...........
Hope you are doing the same!

Hugh McKay
Allegro 2000
Rotax 912 UL
N661WW
EAA 765611
Maiden, NC
N92

--- On Mon, 10/26/09, Brad Kramer <brad(at)vision-technology.com> wrote:

[quote]
Subject: Oil door (and other things)
To: allegro-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Monday, October 26, 2009, 9:26 PM

I'd have to agree that the top cowling is so easy to remove that you are best off doing that and then are able to inspect other things firewall forward.

On a few other items...

- has anybody noticed that after you park the plane you get some overflow dripping on the ground from the coolant bottle? (this only seems to happen when it is below about 50 degrees or so) Engine temps are fine, regardless of ambient temps.

- I'd like to put a small hinged photo window in the pilot's door (maybe like a Cherokee window vent). I think there is a factory option for that. Has anybody tried this as a modification? If so I'd love to get pictures and advice.

- I talked to the people from Sadler last spring and also visited the Allegro/Vampire display at OSH 2009. I'm wondering if anyone has talked to them lately about getting back into production. ??

- I'm working in Houston this week. Any Allegro fliers nearby?

- And a final question.... why is this Allegro list so QUIET??? This is my 6th airplane and I've never met a group of owners who are so shy to talk about their planes! (Usually they won't shut up)... I'd like to think it is because Allegro's are so trouble-free and wonderful that we just keep flying them, rather than talking or complaining about them.

Brad Kramer
Allegro 2000 - N221FA
EAA 394357
Bismarck/Mandan ND (Y19)

[quote]--

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: