Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV: Picture of fillet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hans-chr.erstad(at)c2i.ne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: SV: Picture of fillet Reply with quote

Jesse

Thanks for posting the picture. Similar to mod I have in mind.

What do you mean you never flew the original? I thought you made the modification after you started flying the aircraft?

Julian told me his fillet improved the slow speed handeling. My KIS is very stable and controllable at stall+20 kts. At stall+10 kts the aircraft is a bit "wobbly", small pitch and roll distubances. Don't really need to correct the disturbances, and the aircraft is still responsive to contoll input. At stall speed there are noticable pitch buffeting, and if the stick is kept in the aft position, the aircraft will sharply drop a wing (feels like 90 deg), and I have never attempted to see what hapens after this if do not recover from the stall.

Regards,
Hans Christian TR-1 #032

Fra: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com] På vegne av Flyinisfun(at)aol.com
Sendt: 14. juli 2010 04:37
Til: kis-list(at)matronics.com
Emne: Picture of fillet

Here is an attachment picture of making the wing fillet. How it works compared to the orginal I don't know as I never flew the orginal.

Jesse Wright
[quote][b]

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
mantafs(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: SV: Picture of fillet Reply with quote

Sounds like just about a perfect stall warning to me. I am not saying that a larger root fillet would not help reduce stall speed. It may. But a good prestall warning is a very important thing to have.

If your aircraft is a tail dragger do you have fairings on the gear leg to fuselage junctions?

I really like the look of the larger aft wing root fairing. Not really a big fan of the big fairing at the forward part of the wing root.

Mark
Quote:
At stall speed there are noticable pitch buffeting, and if the stick
is kept in the aft position, the aircraft will sharply drop a wing (feels
like 90 deg), and I have never attempted to see what hapens after this if do
not recover from the stall.

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: