Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is building a car seat or jump seat in back possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith750-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luv2Fly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Is building a car seat or jump seat in back possible? Reply with quote

Hi all

I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this one. I have been researching for a long time, and have nearly made a decision on starting to build, with the CH750 ranking the highest. What I'm struggling with between this and the Murphy Elite is the seating (and that I live 20 minutes away from Murphy...). I have a small child and another on the way, and would love to have them both grow up flying. Mom isn't keen on flying, so it will be just the 3 of us. I don't want a larger plane with big engines/big prices.

Has anyone heard of or seen a side facing jump seat in the back of the 750? Or is it feasible to secure tethers to the structure to lock in a car seat? I will build as experimental, and utilize the increase gross weight rating.

If it hasn't been done, the next option would be to try and discuss with Zenith.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

- The Matronics Zenith750-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith750-List
raymondj(at)frontiernet.n

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Is building a car seat or jump seat in back possible? Reply with quote

I haven't done what you are asking about. I imagine as long as the CG
isn't an issue it could be done.

I spoke with Zenith about a different type of modification and they were
very helpful. I plan to build a 750, partly because I like STOL and
partly because of the help they provided in answering my questions.

Email them with your proposed modification, I think they will be glad to
answer any questions, with the usual disclaimers.

Raymond Julian
Kettle River, MN

On 01/31/2011 04:18 PM, Luv2Fly wrote:
Quote:

Hi all

I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this one. I have been researching for a long time, and have nearly made a decision on starting to build, with the CH750 ranking the highest. What I'm struggling with between this and the Murphy Elite is the seating (and that I live 20 minutes away from Murphy...). I have a small child and another on the way, and would love to have them both grow up flying. Mom isn't keen on flying, so it will be just the 3 of us. I don't want a larger plane with big engines/big prices.

Has anyone heard of or seen a side facing jump seat in the back of the 750? Or is it feasible to secure tethers to the structure to lock in a car seat? I will build as experimental, and utilize the increase gross weight rating.

If it hasn't been done, the next option would be to try and discuss with Zenith.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=329119#329119

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Luv2Fly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Is building a car seat or jump seat in back possible? Reply with quote

Thanks Raymond

I've sent Sebastien an email, hopefully I get a response. . .

Dan

rv9jim(at)Juno.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Is building a car seat or jump seat in back possible? Reply with quote

Dan,
I am helping build (most of it) a CH 750. The baggage
compartment is a sloping arrangement so putting in a child seat will have
you making a horizontal device to hook it up. Plus, you need to install
tie downs to hold everything in place when flying in turbulence (not
planned of course). You could remove the passenger seat and do something
with the space accordingly.. Three is an odd number for little planes.
Let me know what you do as I can help you with my good and bad points of
the brand.
Jim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith750-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: