Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Propeller Requirement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> MurphyMoose-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfolkerts1(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Propeller Requirement Reply with quote

Gentlemen,
  As you may recall, I’m building an SR2500 (#093). I’m trying to stick as much as possible to the original plans, but include the modifications that were necessary for strengthening/safety and not those that were specifically designed for the Moose. I’ve purchased a freshly overhauled Lycoming O-540 A1A5 rebuilt to A4D5 specifications in order to match up with the Murphy recommended Hartzell propeller, the HC-C2YR-1BF/F8477 Propeller with the V-3-7 governor (for the narrow deck) and A-2298-2P spinner. I’ve been searching all the propeller overhaul folks throughout the US looking for a good used/reconditioned propeller. I’ve located the same propeller, overhauled, but with F8477-2 blades, 2 inches shorter than the original. It would be an 82” diameter vs. 84” diameter with everything else being equal. My question is how would that affect the performance of the Super Rebel and what should I be considering? The propeller is freshly overhauled and would have another 1-2 overhauls remaining based on the blade specs.

Regards,
Jerry Folkerts

www.mykitlog.com/jfolkerts/

[quote][b]

- The Matronics MurphyMoose-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?MurphyMoose-List
bleaumichael(at)hotmail.c

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Propeller Requirement Reply with quote

the blades being 1 inch shorter each should not make much of a difference but the propeller shop should be able to figure that out for you. if they cant i would contact another shop as i believe they have computer programs to help with prop selection, even contact hartzell directly as i believe i did a few years ago and they were helpful. mike 

To: murphymoose-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Propeller Requirement
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:59:02 -0600

.ExternalClass p.ecxMsoNormal, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoNormal, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';} .ExternalClass a:link, .ExternalClass span.ecxMsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass a:visited, .ExternalClass span.ecxMsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass span.ecxEmailStyle17 {font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';color:windowtext;} .ExternalClass .ecxMsoChpDefault {;} (at)page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;} .ExternalClass div.ecxWordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}
Gentlemen,
                As you may recall, I’m building an SR2500 (#093).  I’m trying to stick as much as possible to the original plans, but include the modifications that were necessary for strengthening/safety and not those that were specifically designed for the Moose.  I’ve purchased a freshly overhauled Lycoming O-540 A1A5 rebuilt to A4D5 specifications in order to match up with the Murphy recommended Hartzell propeller, the HC-C2YR-1BF/F8477 Propeller with the V-3-7 governor (for the narrow deck) and A-2298-2P spinner.   I’ve been searching all the propeller overhaul folks throughout the US looking for a good used/reconditioned propeller.  I’ve located the same propeller, overhauled, but with F8477-2 blades, 2 inches shorter than the original.  It would be an 82” diameter vs. 84” diameter with everything else being equal.  My question is how would that affect the performance of the Super Rebel and what should I be considering?  The propeller is freshly overhauled and would have another 1-2 overhauls remaining based on the blade specs. 

Regards,
Jerry Folkerts

www.mykitlog.com/jfolkerts/

Quote:
<-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,_="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?MurphyMoose-List" target="_blank">contribution" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

- The Matronics MurphyMoose-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?MurphyMoose-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> MurphyMoose-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: