Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine overhaul shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrstone(at)insightbb.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Engine overhaul shop Reply with quote

Hey guys, I had an engine failure the other day and I am looking for the best choice in engine shops. I am looking at Don George and Zephyr Engines. I plan on making a decision today so if u care to weigh in, please do so ASAP. I chose these two shops because I am in Leesburg Fl. on vacation, and both shops do a free pickup.
Jim Stone
Louisville,KY
502 235-3599

Sent from my iPad

- The Matronics Rocket-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Rocket-List
lb757(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Engine overhaul shop Reply with quote

Hi Jim, I am sorry to here about your engine failure. I hope that you and your wife are OK! I have herd good things about Don George engines. When I was up in Leesburg, FL afew weeks ago taking some lessons with Steve Wolf, he was having his IO540 being rebuilt by I believe Zephyr engines. His number is 352-728-5667. I also have herd good things about:

Mattituck aircraft engines
800-624-6680

Barrett Performance engines
918-835-1089

Aero Sport Power
250-376-2955

Ly-con aircraft engines
559-651-1070

These overhaul shops are probably out of the way. Don George and Zephyr are the only two in FL that I have herd of. If I can be of any help please let me know.

Leif

Quote:
Subject: Engine overhaul shop
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:29:10 -0400
To: rocket-list(at)matronics.com

--> Rocket-List message posted by: Jim Stone <jrstone(at)insightbb.com>

Hey guys, I had an engine failure the other day and I am looking for the best choice in engine shops. I am looking at Don George and Zephyr Engines. I plan on making a decision today so if u care to weigh in, please do so ASAP. I chose these two shops because I am in Leesburg Fl. on vacation, and both shops do a free pickup.
Jim Stone
Louisville,KY
502 235-3599

Sent from my iPad
===========

Quote:

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

smokyray(at)rocketmail.co

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Engine overhaul shop Reply with quote

Jim,
I have done three prebuy inspections on Don George engines and all three had some issue post overhaul. Zephyr engines is a better call but the top 2 in my mind are LyCon and Aerosport power. They do incredible work and produce a superior product for your incestment. I know they are farther away, but you asked Smile

Smokey
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2012, at 7:29, Jim Stone <jrstone(at)insightbb.com> wrote:

Quote:

Jim Stone
Louisville,KY
502 235-3599

Sent from my iPad

f1rocket(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Engine overhaul shop Reply with quote

My Ly-con motor has been flawless.
scot
To: "rocket-list(at)matronics.com" <rocket-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 4:29 AM
Subject: Engine overhaul shop

--> Rocket-List message posted by: Jim Stone <jrstone(at)insightbb.com (jrstone(at)insightbb.com)>

Jim Stone
Louisville,KY
502 235-3599

Sent fronbsp; -->

jrstone(at)insightbb.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Engine overhaul shop Reply with quote

Thanks Smokey,
I sent it to Zephyr today and agree the two places u mentioned were were top choices but nixed due to shipping cost added to an already outrageous price I expect to pay..
Jim

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 30, 2012, at 10:12 AM, Rob Ray <smokyray(at)rocketmail.com> wrote:

Quote:

Jim,
I have done three prebuy inspections on Don George engines and all three had some issue post overhaul. Zephyr engines is a better call but the top 2 in my mind are LyCon and Aerosport power. They do incredible work and produce a superior product for your incestment. I know they are farther away, but you asked Smile

Smokey
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2012, at 7:29, Jim Stone <jrstone(at)insightbb.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hey guys, I had an engine failure the other day and I am looking for the best choice in engine shops. I am looking at Don George and Zephyr Engines. I plan on making a decision today so if u care to weigh in, please do so ASAP. I chose these two shops because I am in Leesburg Fl. on vacation, and both shops do a free pickup.
> Jim Stone
> Louisville,KY
> 502 235-3599
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>
>
>

smokyray(at)rocketmail.co

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Engine overhaul shop Reply with quote

No worries, stop by when you pick it up, email me off line for directions!

Smokyray(at)rocketmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2012, at 20:43, Jim Stone <jrstone(at)insightbb.com> wrote:

Quote:

Thanks Smokey,
I sent it to Zephyr today and agree the two places u mentioned were were top choices but nixed due to shipping cost added to an already outrageous price I expect to pay..
Jim

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 30, 2012, at 10:12 AM, Rob Ray <smokyray(at)rocketmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> Jim,
> I have done three prebuy inspections on Don George engines and all three had some issue post overhaul. Zephyr engines is a better call but the top 2 in my mind are LyCon and Aerosport power. They do incredible work and produce a superior product for your incestment. I know they are farther away, but you asked Smile
>
> Smokey
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 30, 2012, at 7:29, Jim Stone <jrstone(at)insightbb.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Hey guys, I had an engine failure the other day and I am looking for the best choice in engine shops. I am looking at Don George and Zephyr Engines. I plan on making a decision today so if u care to weigh in, please do so ASAP. I chose these two shops because I am in Leesburg Fl. on vacation, and both shops do a free pickup.
>> Jim Stone
>> Louisville,KY
>> 502 235-3599
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: