Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aerobatics Invite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gus.fraser(at)gs.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Aerobatics Invite Reply with quote

OK folks it is the off season and I am sure that you are all getting your annual done in preparation for the next flying season.
So what are you going to do next year ?
Why not SERIOUSLY consider taking that great red plane of yours to an aerobatics contest as either a competitor of volunteer ?
In an attempt to spike your interest I have included this years primary knowns from IAC
<<primary.pdf>>
Basically, for those that don't yet read Aresti (see http://www.mini-iac.com/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/ARESTI-DICTIONARY.pdf) , it is
1. A one turn spin.
2. A loop.
3. Half Cuban 8.
4. Roll.
5. 90 Deg turn.
All stuff you guys probably do on a Sunday afternoon, why not jump in. Nobody expects you to be a Rick Basiliere from day one (sorry Rick) the best bit about a competition is that you first off compete against yourself and then against others.
And hey there is no requirement to wear a flight suit, (comment for Frank and Brian Smile) ) infact I don't see a reg that stops you from doing it in the buff if you wish. I know that there are a few aerobatic lurkers on the list so why not make this the year you make the leap, literally, into aerobatics, common you know you want to..........
Even if you decide to just see what goes on find out where the contests are from the iac web site www.iac.org
Also if you are experienced why not offer to be a "buddy" for someone who wants to start.
And for those that refuse to fly unless it is in a pack, you can fly to the contest together (TONGUE PLANTED RIGHT INTO MY CHEEK).
Gus Fraser

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

primary.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  primary.pdf
 Filesize:  25.17 KB
 Downloaded:  567 Time(s)

brian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Aerobatics Invite Reply with quote

Fraser, Gus wrote:

Quote:
OK folks it is the off season

Off season? Yer kiddin' right?

--
Brian Lloyd 2243 Cattle Dr.
brian-yak at lloyd dot com Folsom, CA 95630
+1.916.367.2131 (voice) +1.270.912.0788 (fax)

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . .
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . .
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
discrab(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Aerobatics Invite Reply with quote

Gus;
Thanks for all that.  I'll buddy up with anyone who would like to.  Joe (Felix) Wilkins (took some dual from me) has done a few contests and one in my Yak-55 (and trophied!) when his -52 was "new asphalted" into his hangar last year.  I'm working on the rest of the Colorado Yak Pac.  Tumbled with Allen Tinnes... he won a trophy (I think) at LAA last year in Primary.  Even if he did cause a little consternation when he left (flew to the boonies) to get some more practice time after the contest began. A faux pas. We all love you Allen.

I have been invited to practice formation, I accepted, you guys have cahones (sp? gonads...you know) the size of watermelons.  It scares me to see airplanes that close when they are on the ground and not tied down...I respect what you all do, it is real pretty - please try adding the last dimension - go vertical - have more fun - be safe and get to laugh at me when I attempt to join a formation.

BTW, you can do even Sportsman (at)82% :0)

Respectfully, Rick b
[quote] --

N7092A(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Aerobatics Invite Reply with quote

For those in the SF Bay area I would luv to practice with someone for the sportsman who has done it before in a -52

Just send me a note off list.

Mark
N7092A
KPAO

In a message dated 1/12/2006 9:59:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, discrab(at)earthlink.net writes:
[quote] Gus;
Thanks for all that.  I'll buddy up with anyone who would like to.  Joe (Felix) Wilkins (took some dual from me) has done a few contests and one in my Yak-55 (and trophied!) when his -52 was "new asphalted" into his hangar last year.  I'm working on the rest of the Colorado Yak Pac.  Tumbled with Allen Tinnes... he won a trophy (I think) at LAA last year in Primary.  Even if he did cause a little consternation when he left (flew to the boonies) to get some more practice time after the contest began. A faux pas. We all love you Allen.

I have been invited to practice formation, I accepted, you guys have cahones (sp? gonads...you know) the size of watermelons.  It scares me to see airplanes that close when they are on the ground and not tied down...I respect what you all do, it is real pretty - please try adding the last dimension - go vertical - have more fun - be safe and get to laugh at me when I attempt to join a formation.

Respectfully, Rick b
[quote] --

ben(at)designselect.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Aerobatics Invite Reply with quote

Marsh
If you are so inclined, you can contact me off line to discuss some basics on -52 airbatics.
Ben
Nut Tree Airport

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of N7092A(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:47 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Aerobatics Invite

For those in the SF Bay area I would luv to practice with someone for the sportsman who has done it before in a -52

Just send me a note off list.

Mark

N7092A

KPAO

In a message dated 1/12/2006 9:59:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, discrab(at)earthlink.net writes:
Quote:

Gus;

Respectfully, Rick b
Quote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com]On Behalf Of Fraser, Gus
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:41 PM
To: 'yak-list(at)matronics.com'
Subject: Aerobatics Invite
OK folks it is the off season and I am sure that you are all getting your annual done in preparation for the next flying season.
So what are you going to do next year ?
Why not SERIOUSLY consider taking that great red plane of yours to an aerobatics contest as either a competitor of volunteer ?
In an attempt to spike your interest I have included this years primary knowns from IAC
<<primary.pdf>>
Basically, for those that don't yet read Aresti (see http://www.mini-iac.com/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/ARESTI-DICTIONARY.pdf) , it is
1. A one turn spin.
2. A loop.
3. Half Cuban 8.
4. Roll.
5. 90 Deg turn.
All stuff you guys probably do on a Sunday afternoon, why not jump in. Nobody expects you to be a Rick Basiliere from day one (sorry Rick) the best bit about a competition is that you first off compete against yourself and then against others.
And hey there is no requirement to wear a flight suit, (comment for Frank and Brian Smile) ) infact I don't see a reg that stops you from doing it in the buff if you wish. I know that there are a few aerobatic lurkers on the list so why not make this the year you make the leap, literally, into aerobatics, common you know you want to..........
Even if you decide to just see what goes on find out where the contests are from the iac web site www.iac.org
Also if you are experienced why not offer to be a "buddy" for someone who wants to start.
And for those that refuse to fly unless it is in a pack, you can fly to the contest together (TONGUE PLANTED RIGHT INTO MY CHEEK).
Gus Fraser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: