Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

work inside home?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: work inside home? Reply with quote

I have been working on relocating to a cooler climate, less urban, etc. I will either buy a place with a nice large-ish workshop or I will build one. I need to recover my Firestar and have been waiting for the workshop, but it looks like it won't happen till next summer.
While I have some people staying in my home (I am a widower) I noticed that the formal 'parlor' gets almost zero use. I have a large living room that is used a lot, and a sort of rumpus room the kids play in. I am thinking of moving the nice furniture out or stacking it and recovering my wings in there. I will be using the Stewart's System so there shouldn't be too much odor in the house. That sound right to you? I can block off the traffic, and seal the room off with plastic if necessary. Double-door access and plenty of space.

Any thoughts on this? I am emptying my garage but I would need to insulate it and heat it to work in there.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

"Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors"
pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: work inside home? Reply with quote

I am thinking of moving the nice furniture out or stacking it and recovering
my wings in there. >

No prob. I had a mate who did a lot of work on an Auster including
recovering the wings.
Of course the wings stuck into the garden and he couldn`t close the patio
doors all winter. The engine was on the dining room table.

His wife divorced him and the kids went to boarding school.
Apart from that it was quite straightforward.

Good luck

Pat

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: work inside home? Reply with quote

Stewarts is a great product! I used it totaly on my Mark 3 c. My wife and I did all covering and uv painting in the house during winter months.We also have double doors on the house so we were able to carry the plane in or out.Their glues are nontoxic and there is no need to even turn off the furnace.It is a great way to keep working during the cold months.Easy to use,highly recomend.Received airworthyness a year ago this month.

Gary Jindra
Mark 3 c
107 hours

To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Wed, November 7, 2012 3:56:14 AM
Subject: work inside home?

--> Kolb-List message posted by: "GeoB" <gab16(at)sbcglobal.net (gab16(at)sbcglobal.net)>

I have been working on relocating to a cooler climate, less urban, etc. I will either buy a place with a nice large-ish workshop or I will build one. I need to recover my Firestar and have been waiting for the workshop, but it looks like it won't happen till next summer.
While I have some people staying in my home (I am a widower) I noticed that the formal 'parlor' gets almost zero use. I have a large living room that is used a lot, and a sort of rumpus room the kids play in. I am thinking of moving the nice furniture out or stacking it and recovering my wings in there. I will be using the Stewart's System so there shouldn't be too much odor in the house. That sound right to you? I can block off the traffic, and seal the room off with plastic if necessary. Double-door access and plenty of space.

Any thoughts on this? I am emptying my garage but I would need to insulate it and heat it to work in there.

--------
GeoB

&quot;Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors&quot;

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=387144#38bsp; * AeroElectric www.buildersbookssp; -Matt Dralle, List -->

[quote][b]

Rezzonto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: work inside home? Reply with quote

In my garage my radiators are out of order and now it is impossible to work because it is very cold. Do you have any ideas?

Richard Pike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: work inside home? Reply with quote

I have a Kerosun heater that runs about 24 hours on less than a gallon of kerosene, minimal odor, keeps the garage pretty warm.

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
nickc(at)mtaonline.net

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: work inside home? Reply with quote

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the tip on your heater. I am glad to say that spring is trying to show up here, and I hope to fire up the Kolbra soon.

Nick Cassara
Palmer, Ak

Rezzonto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: work inside home? Reply with quote

I also work a lot in the garage, as I have equipped it as a workshop. I have a lot of clients and have appointments for several months in advance. I couldn't stop the work process, so I immediately thought about all the options. If my radiators fail, I will immediately use a radiators like this to solve the problem. I also insulated the garage with a special coating on the roof and walls, so I could work in comfort.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: