Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G-PTAG gets it up again ! Special note to most about pitot s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptag.dev(at)tiscali.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: G-PTAG gets it up again ! Special note to most about pitot s Reply with quote

Hi! All,
Pleased to report that after 18 months grounded “Me and my bird got it up” today. First landing was a little rusty especially since I hadn’t thought to do a stall test to prove the ASI was good so landed a little fast, second was fair but the nose came off as a secondary lift was caught in time.
Quite a learning curve knowing where the power is, compared with the noise of the Jabiru Six etc. but I expect I’ll get used to it! Thrilled to find the temperatures are all good …especially with the massive changes to the front of the cowl and the barrel hood fitted.

Just a note to other Europa operators:-
My ASI problem was partly due to a disturbed pitot pipe connection, but also importantly to note that the “o” rings on the pitot pipe connectors at the wing fitment were badly perished, only really identifiable by removing them but not without a replacement to hand!
The size of the “o” rings for 1/8” connectors is :- 3/16” ID 5/16”OD making a sectional diameter of 1/16” for the rubber. There will be a dozen or so in the “assortment “ box held by any hydraulics or pneumatics outfit. Suggest the club gets a supply provisioned. IMHO an annual inspection should remove these rings and put them under a magnifying glass considering how important the instrument is to safe landing. Mine must be 10 years old with the kit being collected in 1997 plus however long on Europa’s shelf!

Smile is beginning to break out ……!
Regards
Bob H G-PTAG

Robt.C.Harrison

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: