Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Everybody and a few questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigb(at)onthenet.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Hi Everybody and a few questions Reply with quote

Firsty I would like to say Hi to all u fellow Europa owners and builders.
I have quickly realised this is a LOT bigger job than I thought, but i guess
the satisfaction will be there when it finally takes to the air. I have finished
the rudder and am halfway done on the elevators ( mod 73 done in the process) and am up to about 50 hours already!!!

Secondly could some one point me in the right direction for the following

1. Center console mods (Having sat in a Mono I think any extra width for legs would be a good thing as I have some rather large relatives) I have seen mod #10601 being mentioned but cant find any real detail on it.

2. Composite main gear legs for the Tri Gear. Having weighed the main gear legs it would seem a weight saving of around 15 pounds could be made here, also with possible improvements in landing performance
as my understanding is that composite gear ( please correct me if incorrect) does not store and "reflect" as much energy as alloy steel does.

3. What engines other than rotax jabaru etc people have used. I am considering a "Hayabusa" engine out of a road bike, which weighs in at about 65kg and is 180hp (yes I understand Europa does not recommend this) and can be supercharged (ideal for an aircraft) which means only 40-50 power needed for cruise, and plenty for climb out.

thanks
Rolling Eyes
Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: