Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O-200 Questions & Concerns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barcusc(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: O-200 Questions & Concerns Reply with quote

Re: Continental O-200

Since my post there have been a few comments and questions on certification or loss of certification along with other concerns. To help eliminate confusion I have decided to put together a list of questions and call EAA Headquarters for clarification. Because I am not an expert on anything related to flying, I decided to join the EAA to get good accurate information so I could lower the risk of making expensive or dangerous mistakes. I plan on getting this done on Monday, after discussing this with someone qualified in this area I will post their answers. If anyone has a question (Related to this discussion) they would like answered, email me and I will add it to the list.

Regards:

Clyde Barcus
601 XL, Continental Powered
Wings, Tail & Engine Complete
Working on Fuselage

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

601_Background.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.38 KB
 Viewed:  304 Time(s)

601_Background.jpg

Tim Juhl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: O-200 Questions & Concerns Reply with quote

Clyde,
I've got an email in to Joe Norris at EAA asking some the questions you refer to, namely:

1.) May a homebuilder personally overhaul a certified engine and then install it in a experimental aircraft?

2.) If a certified engine is installed in an experimental aircraft may the builder perform annual inspections upon it?

I've been told recently (by an A&P) that if the engine is certified that only an A&P can work on it. I didn't believe that to be the case and being lazy I just shot off a question to Joe for a quick answer. Joe is the "go to guy" at EAA for such questions. I'm installing a Jabiru so I never gave the question much thought until it came up at our flying club.

Joe will be back in the office Monday and I plan to post his reply.

Tim Juhl

Do not archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Zodiac XL - Jabiru 3300A
Almost done! It'll fly in spring!
gfmjr_20(at)HOTMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: O-200 Questions & Concerns Reply with quote

Clyde--
It will be interesting to see what you find. My understanding is that if you have a certified engine & prop the 25 hours apply. However, once you hang the certified engine on an experimental plane(regardless of who maintains it) it is no longer certified and can never be certified again.

good luck

George May
601XL 912s

do not archive
Quote:
To: zenith-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Zenith-List: O-200 Questions & Concerns
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 08:03:36 -0600

.ExternalClass {background-position:left top;font-size:12pt;color:#000000;background-repeat:repeat-x;font-style:italic;font-family:Arial;} Re: Continental O-200

Since my post there have been a few comments and questions on certification or loss of certification along with other concerns. To help eliminate confusion I have decided to put together a list of questions and call EAA Headquarters for clarification. Because I am not an expert on anything related to flying, I decided to join the EAA to get good accurate information so I could lower the risk of making expensive or dangerous mistakes. I plan on getting this done on Monday, after discussing this with someone qualified in this area I will post their answers. If anyone has a question (Related to this discussion) they would like answered, email me and I will add it to the list.

Regards:

Clyde Barcus
Working on Fuselage
Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we gijoin' target='_new'>Learn more.

601_Background.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.38 KB
 Viewed:  296 Time(s)

601_Background.jpg

barcusc(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: O-200 Questions & Concerns Reply with quote

George,

I feel sure you are right about the engine and prop. I will ask that question specifically.

Regards

Clyde Barcus
Working on Fuselage

[quote] ---

LHusky(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: O-200 Questions & Concerns Reply with quote

There is a QBK that was built in California and he hung an O-200. He only had to fly 5 hrs. It may only depend on who inspects it.

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.
[quote][b]

Gig Giacona

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: O-200 Questions & Concerns Reply with quote

I think you'll find that was under the E-LSA rules which we can no longer take advantage of.

LHusky(at)aol.com wrote:
There is a QBK that was built in California and he hung an O-200. He only had to fly 5 hrs. It may only depend on who inspects it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: