Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N246RS Airworthy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricksked(at)embarqmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

.N246RS became a full fledged aeroplane at exactly high noon today...5 years 4 months , 12 days after opening the first crate.....

Rick Sked
N246RS...Airworthy!!!
Fuel er up!!!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
rene(at)felker.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Congrats.........

Rene' Felker
RV-10 N423CF Flying
801-721-6080

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

BPA(at)bpaengines.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Yippppeeeee!!

--

jcumins(at)jcis.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Congrats Rick Have fun with the first flight.

John G. Cumins
President

JC'S Interactive Systems
2499 B1 Martin Rd
Fairfield Ca 94533
707-425-7100
707-425-7576 Fax

Your Total Technology Solution Provider
--

drfred(at)suddenlinkmail.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Happy birthday.....to the airplane that is.

Dr Fred.
ricksked(at)embarqmail.com wrote:
Quote:

.N246RS became a full fledged aeroplane at exactly high noon today...5 years 4 months , 12 days after opening the first crate.....

Rick Sked
N246RS...Airworthy!!!
Fuel er up!!!!

Ron.McGann(at)thalesgroup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Good onya Rick. Looking forward to hearing about first flight.

Cheers,
Ron
VH-XRM in Oz
--

jcumins(at)jcis.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Hey Rick

How about some pics of the completed paint and interior.

I was in Las Vegas 3 weeks ago and Rick was n the middle of paint, I was
totally impressed with his build quality, he has a awesome bird.

You have done a great mammoth job Rick.

John G. Cumins
President

JC'S Interactive Systems
2499 B1 Martin Rd
Fairfield Ca 94533
707-425-7100
707-425-7576 Fax

Your Total Technology Solution Provider

--

Deems Davis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Rick This is GREAT news !!!!!!!!!!!!!! How some pictures? When is 1st
flight?
Deems Davis

ricksked(at)embarqmail.com wrote:
Quote:

Rick Sked
N246RS...Airworthy!!!
Fuel er up!!!!

partner14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Congrats Rick.... so whens the first flight? Unlike my situation, for you, when the planes done, you're ready. My plane had to sit for 2 months waiting for me to get ready. Got 12 hours on her already... so get up there.... and I'm sure we'll hear about it.
Don McDonald

--- On Tue, 6/16/09, ricksked(at)embarqmail.com <ricksked(at)embarqmail.com> wrote:

Quote:

From: ricksked(at)embarqmail.com <ricksked(at)embarqmail.com>
Subject: N246RS Airworthy
To: "Rv" <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 2:30 PM

--> RV10-List message posted by: ricksked(at)embarqmail.com (ricksked(at)embarqmail.com)

Rick Sked
N246RS...Airworthy!!!
Fuel er up!!!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&amp --> http://f= - List Contributionsp; &bsp;-->

[quote][b]

robin1(at)mrmoisture.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Fantastic news Rick!
I am having a difficult believing how many of -10's are coming off the
assembly line these days. I hope OSH has enough room to fit us in a few
years.

Robin
Do Not Archive

wayne.e(at)grandecom.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Hey congratulations Rick. What was your hurry in getting it done :>} Good luck on your first flight.

Wayne Edgerton N602WT
Just finishing up on my second conditional
[quote][b]

bcondrey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Congrats Rick! Now, when is Bob K. going to get there...

Bob

--

n212pj(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Hey, Dude! What a very nice message to receive! Can't wait to see it.

John J

--

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Thanks for all the Congrats,

I wasn't in a hurry but when you consider I'll be 48 in September, the reality of spending more than 10 percent of your life working on this project starts to sink in. And Wayne...the reason it took so long was I had to wait for you to finish the O2 system so I could see how to do it without reinventing the wheel. My glass parts are still in primer, I'm going to spray them this week prior to the first flight. At that time I will post some pictures of the finished aircraft. I can say that anyone planning on painting is in for WAY more than you expect in the form of work. It was 10 times more time consuming than any other project I've ever done. My first time using HVLP and urethane paint. That combination is very susceptible to orange peel. I have a little but the Loehle system is great and imperfections color sand and buff right out. Wonderfil is FANTASTIC...it's hard to rub it on only because it looks smells and acts like car wax...once you shoot the primer over it it's weave and pinhole city but as soon as you sand it they disappear. One more final coat of primer, light sand and it's ready for paint...I highly recommend it. I did have help from a friend in the paint process....he was more agile than I and climbed in and around all the tough spots...like the bottom..I had to move everything to Boulder City airport for the inspection and fly off. That sucked because we have a nice facility at North Las Vegas and had to go from 3500 sf to a small T hangar, tools and all. Mel Asberry did the inspection and was a great guy to deal with. He climbed over the whole project for 4 hours. He found 2 loose jamb nuts and my four pull controls for heat, aux intake air and purge valve were not labeled...I can live with that. I'm not an excitable or emotional person but when he handed me the temp cert I admit there was a rush of emotion that ran through me. It can only be explained by those who have been through it I guess. If the first flight is more so then I can't wait. FWIW I know my limitations and have given the first flight to my friend and hangar co owner Bob Kaufmann....He has about 1800 hours TT and 20 in the RV-10..I deal with risk management everyday and can find no other reason for me to do the flight other than to say I did. To each his own, I have no issues with it or any ego that needs to be stroked. Look for the pictures and first flight post sometime next week.

Rick Sked
N246RS
Whew!
do not archive
---

bkbrown(at)minetfiber.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Congratulations Rick!  I think anyone who’s finished a homebuilt knows all the feelings that come with getting that airworthiness certificated handed to you. 

Waiting on pics –

Bob Brown

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Rick Sked
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:50 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: N246RS Airworthy

I wasn't in a hurry but when you consider I'll be 48 in September, the reality of spending more than 10 percent of your life working on this project starts to sink in. And Wayne...the reason it took so long was I had to wait for you to finish the O2 system so I could see how to do it without reinventing the wheel. My glass parts are still in primer, I'm going to spray them this week prior to the first flight. At that time I will post some pictures of the finished aircraft. I can say that anyone planning on painting is in for WAY more than you expect in the form of work. It was 10 times more time consuming than any other project I've ever done. My first time using HVLP and urethane paint. That combination is very susceptible to orange peel. I have a little but the Loehle system is great and imperfections color sand and buff right out. Wonderfil is FANTASTIC...it's hard to rub it on only because it looks smells and acts like car wax...once you shoot the primer over it it's weave and pinhole city but as soon as you sand it they disappear. One more final coat of primer, light sand and it's ready for paint...I highly recommend it. I did have help from a friend in the paint process....he was more agile than I and climbed in and around all the tough spots...like the bottom..I had to move everything to Boulder City airport for the inspection and fly off. That sucked because we have a nice facility at North Las Vegas and had to go from 3500 sf to a small T hangar, tools and all. Mel Asberry did the inspection and was a great guy to deal with. He climbed over the whole project for 4 hours. He found 2 loose jamb nuts and my four pull controls for heat, aux intake air and purge valve were not labeled...I can live with that. I'm not an excitable or emotional person but when he handed me the temp cert I admit there was a rush of emotion that ran through me. It can only be explained by those who have been through it I guess. If the first flight is more so then I can't wait. FWIW I know my limitations and have given the first flight to my friend and hangar co owner Bob Kaufmann....He has about 1800 hours TT and 20 in the RV-10..I deal with risk management everyday and can find no other reason for me to do the flight other than to say I did. To each his own, I have no issues with it or any ego that needs to be stroked. Look for the pictures and first flight post sometime next week.

Rick Sked
N246RS
Whew!
do not archive
---

speckter(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

I know of several folks that had others do the first flight and then after the fact said they had done it. No one was the wiser.

Gary Specketer
40274 Flying

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Rick Sked
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:50 PM

Rick Sked
N246RS
Whew!
do not archive
---

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Lol....yeah but if ya tell the truth you never have to remember what you lied about...one of those few euphemisms I a lady told me that made sense...but she turned out to be a liar...go figure.
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:55:39 -0500
To: <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: RE: RV10-List: N246RS Airworthy

I know of several folks that had = others do the first flight and then after the fact said they had done it.  No = one was the wiser.

Gary = Specketer
40274 = Flying

Sent: Wednesday, June 17, = 2009 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: RV10-List: = N246RS Airworthy

I wasn't in a hurry but when you consider I'll be 48 in = September, the reality of spending more than 10 percent of your life working on = this project starts to sink in. And Wayne...the reason it took so long was I had to wait for you to finish the O2 system = so I could see how to do it without reinventing the wheel. My glass parts are = still in primer, I'm going to spray them this week prior to the first flight. = At that time I will post some pictures of the finished aircraft. I can say that = anyone planning on painting is in for WAY more than you expect in the form of = work. It was 10 times more time consuming than any other project I've ever done. = My first time using HVLP and urethane paint. That combination is very = susceptible to orange peel. I have a little but the Loehle system is great and imperfections color sand and buff right out. Wonderfil is = FANTASTIC...it's hard to rub it on only because it looks smells and acts like car wax...once = you shoot the primer over it it's weave and pinhole city but as soon as you = sand it they disappear. One more final coat of primer, light sand and it's ready = for paint...I highly recommend it. I did have help from a friend in the = paint process....he was more agile than I and climbed in and around all the = tough spots...like the bottom..I had to move everything to Boulder City airport for the inspection and fly off. That sucked because we have a = nice facility at North Las = Vegas and had to go from 3500 sf to a small T hangar, tools and all. Mel = Asberry did the inspection and was a great guy to deal with. He climbed over the = whole project for 4 hours. He found 2 loose jamb nuts and my four pull = controls for heat, aux intake air and purge valve were not labeled...I can live with = that. I'm not an excitable or emotional person but when he handed me the temp = cert I admit there was a rush of emotion that ran through me. It can only be = explained by those who have been through it I guess. If the first flight is more = so then I can't wait. FWIW I know my limitations and have given the first flight = to my friend and hangar co owner Bob Kaufmann....He has about 1800 hours TT = and 20 in the RV-10..I deal with risk management everyday and can find no other = reason for me to do the flight other than to say I did. To each his own, I have = no issues with it or any ego that needs to be stroked. Look for the = pictures and first flight post sometime next week.

Rick Sked
N246RS
Whew!
do not archive
---

robin1(at)mrmoisture.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Rick you are definitely going to do YOUR first flight. It may not be the ships first flight but that will not lessen your RV Grin.

Robin
Do Not Archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of gary
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:56 PM
Subject: RE: N246RS Airworthy

I know of several folks that had others do the first flight and then after the fact said they had done it. No one was the wiser.

Gary Specketer
40274 Flying

Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:50 PM

Rick Sked
N246RS
Whew!
do not archive
---

nukeflyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Congratulations Rick! My RV-6 took 8 years and 3 months so I can relate with the experience. It shows good judgment to have an experienced pilot do the first flight. That means you are a safe pilot and I'd fly with you any day.

nukeflyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: N246RS Airworthy Reply with quote

Congratulations Rick! My RV-6 took 8 years and 3 months so I can relate with the experience. It shows good judgment to have an experienced pilot do the first flight. That means you are a safe pilot and I'd fly with you any day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: