Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear seat belt attachment clarification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith640-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Stewart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Rear seat belt attachment clarification Reply with quote

Hi folks.

I need a little clarification on the rear seat plans. From what I can tell, the rear seat is set up for lap belts only. So four seat belt attachment points are needed. The plans call for fabricating four F40-11 attachments, but only show where two are installed in the center of the seat. The rear seat IPL says that the other two F40-11 attachments are to be installed at the sides of the seat through the rear of the seat and the rear spar uprights, but this is obviously incorrect since the rear of the seat is behind the uprights. The plans also call for fabricating two F42-4 rear seat belt attachment plates which get riveted to the side skins.

So what are the correct outside belt attachments to use? And what is the correct method to mount them? Am I supposed to go back into my aircraft design mode again to solve this?

Thanks.

- The Matronics Zenith640-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith640-List

doug_geese(at)fwmetals.co

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Rear seat belt attachment clarification Reply with quote

Scott,
The rear seats do in fact have 3 point attachment (shoulder belts). The upper attach point is a bracket that rivets between the turtledeck skin and the baggage bulkhead. I'm at Oshkosh right now so I can't be certain as to wear the outer lower attach points are. I believe that your are correct, the rear spar uprights are actually the front of the rear seat. When I get home I can take a closer look and send some pics if you would like.

Doug

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

steveadams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Rear seat belt attachment clarification Reply with quote

I don't have the plans with me, but here are a few photos of how I did mine. There is a single bracket in the top center where both shoulder belts attach. Sorry about the large size, I can't change it on this computer.

Fuselage190.JPG
 Description:
Lower Attachements
 Filesize:  837.63 KB
 Viewed:  6202 Time(s)

Fuselage190.JPG

Fuselage280.JPG
 Description:
Upper Attachment
 Filesize:  776.57 KB
 Viewed:  6202 Time(s)

Fuselage280.JPG

Scott Stewart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rear seat belt attachment clarification Reply with quote

Thanks Doug and Steve,

I had forgotten about the upper attach point for the shoulder strap. I was focused on the lap belt attachment points and finishing the rear seat.

Steve, from your picture I see that you have the four identical F40-11 seat attachment points as called out in the IPL. Apparently, the F42-4 outer seat belt attachment plates were added to the plans at a later date. I also wrote to Zenair, and Mathieu just wrote back that he will check the plans after Oshkosh.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith640-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: