Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

Fellow Europaphiles,

It appears that Steve and Jos have closed europaowners.org. All that comes up is the message:
So long and thanks for all the fish......
Does anyone else have access to web hosting facilities who could pick up the data/site?

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger(at)mac.com (rlborger(at)mac.com)

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
jglazener

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

I very much hope not. It would seem a bit strange that after all those years and all the work they have put into it they would just shut it down without warning, and leave only a cryptic and cynical remark.

I put a lot of effort into the Gallery, and basically its the only record I have of my build. It would not exactly make my day if it had all just vanished..

Jeroen

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

steven.pitt2(at)ntlworld.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

Jeroen and all Europa owners
The Europa Club Committee has picked up on this thread and better minds than
mine are looking into the situation.

With regard to the gallery and other information databases the Club is
currently producing a new website which, I have been promised by the
committee, will be up and running by the end of February. In it we hope to
expand the data that has been acquired, introduce a gallery of photos
including individual albums and generally provide a 'one stop shop' for
club and Europa owners/builders/flyers etc. I know it is a tall order and it
has taken some time to get to a near complete state but bear with us a
little longer.
We are especially wanting to encourage overseas participation in this
website and look forward to an American, Australasian etc page/section on
the new site. I am still looking for an American rep to coordinate news etc.
Anyone out there? Any input from you all would be appreciated. You can find
our email addresses in the latest Europa flyer which came out a few weeks
ago.
Regards
Steve Pitt
Chairman, Europa Club
G-SMDH trigear XS
---

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

Steve,

WOW, that IS a tall order. We folks out here in EuropaLand appreciate your efforts.
Do you think you will you be able get hold of the information and albums that were on the old Europa Owners site? I hope they haven't deleted it yet.
One of these years, I'd like to come for the Annual Europa Club meeting. So many folks I'd like to meet in person, shake their hands and thank them for all the wonderful support they've given.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
On Jan 29, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Steven Pitt wrote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Steven Pitt" <steven.pitt2(at)ntlworld.com (steven.pitt2(at)ntlworld.com)>

Jeroen and all Europa owners
The Europa Club Committee has picked up on this thread and better minds than mine are looking into the situation.

With regard to the gallery and other information databases the Club is currently producing a new website which, I have been promised by the committee, will be up and running by the end of February. In it we hope to expand the data that has been acquired, introduce a gallery of photos including individual albums and generally provide a 'one stop shop' for club and Europa owners/builders/flyers etc. I know it is a tall order and it has taken some time to get to a near complete state but bear with us a little longer.
We are especially wanting to encourage overseas participation in this website and look forward to an American, Australasian etc page/section on the new site. I am still looking for an American rep to coordinate news etc. Anyone out there? Any input from you all would be appreciated. You can find our email addresses in the latest Europa flyer which came out a few weeks ago.
Regards
Steve Pitt
Chairman, Europa Club
G-SMDH trigear XS

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

I truly hope it was hacked, and it is not the case that Steve and Jos (after all their years of work to keep the site going) would simply kill all the data kindly contributed from many others without notification and offering up the data to someone else to re-publish!
Cheers,
(concerned) Pete
A239

On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:36 AM, Robert Borger <rlborger(at)mac.com (rlborger(at)mac.com)> wrote:

[quote]Fellow Europaphiles,

It appears that Steve and Jos have closed europaowners.org. All that comes up is the message:
So long and thanks for all the fish......
Does anyone else have access to web hosting facilities who could pick up the data/site?

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

[b]

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

Pete,

I hope you are correct. Perhaps we'll hear from Steve or Jos soon.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331

On Jan 29, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Pete wrote:
Quote:
I truly hope it was hacked, and it is not the case that Steve and Jos (after all their years of work to keep the site going) would simply kill all the data kindly contributed from many others without notification and offering up the data to someone else to re-publish!
Cheers,
(concerned) Pete
A239

Rocketman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

All,

This is only speculation, but it looks as though the site has been
hacked, as I've been receiving "junk" mail from the email addresses of
some of the members, here.

Jeff - Baby Blue

On 1/29/2012 8:37 AM, jglazener wrote:
Quote:

I very much hope not. It would seem a bit strange that after all those years and all the work they have put into it they would just shut it down without warning, and leave only a cryptic and cynical remark.

I put a lot of effort into the Gallery, and basically its the only record I have of my build. It would not exactly make my day if it had all just vanished..

Jeroen

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=365102#365102

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

Europaphiles,

I don't have Steve D's e-mail address so I can't contact him. I did send an e-mail to Jos at the last e-mail address I had for him.

Hopefully, things can be put back to normal before too long.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
rlborger(at)mac.com

On Jan 30, 2012, at 9:02 AM, Jeff B wrote:

Quote:

All,

This is only speculation, but it looks as though the site has been hacked, as I've been receiving "junk" mail from the email addresses of some of the members, here.

Jeff - Baby Blue

On 1/29/2012 8:37 AM, jglazener wrote:
>
>
> I very much hope not. It would seem a bit strange that after all those years and all the work they have put into it they would just shut it down without warning, and leave only a cryptic and cynical remark.
>
> I put a lot of effort into the Gallery, and basically its the only record I have of my build. It would not exactly make my day if it had all just vanished..
>
> Jeroen
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=365102#365102
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

stephen vestuti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

Well I was just about to start uploading photos of my latest Europa build No.630,
I will now either create my own site or a better prospect is the Club site
hosting builders albums - thats if there are any anoraks out there who enjoy
like me looking at build and completed Europa pictures !

Steve.

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: EuropaOwners.Org Has Shut Down?? Reply with quote

Steve,

Steve D. is working on transferring the site to a new server. Not a trivial operation. I'm sure he'll have things back up at some point in the near future and you'll be able to post at that time. I too have some pics to add to my albums.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
rlborger(at)mac.com

On Jan 31, 2012, at 2:04 PM, stephen vestuti wrote:

Quote:

Well I was just about to start uploading photos of my latest Europa build No.630,
I will now either create my own site or a better prospect is the Club site
hosting builders albums - thats if there are any anoraks out there who enjoy
like me looking at build and completed Europa pictures !

Steve.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=365319#365319

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: