Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#2 Welding Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbanus(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Bob,

Do to W&B considerations I am moving my 2 Panasonic 1220 batteries 8' aft. I had originally used #4 as the runs were all short, 18" or less(all forward of the firewall). The batteries were initially mounted on the forward firewall.

As the cable runs are now 9' I intend to use #2 welding cable. Yesterday another builder stopped by to "review many progress" and said welding cable might not be a good choice aft of the firewall as welding cable gives of poisonous fumes if it burns.

Comments?

Mark Banus
Glasair SIIS FT
N600

[quote][b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Bob,

Do to W&B considerations I am moving my 2 Panasonic 1220 batteries 8' aft. I had originally used #4 as the runs were all short, 18" or less(all forward of the firewall). The batteries were initially mounted on the forward firewall.

As the cable runs are now 9' I intend to use #2 welding cable. Yesterday another builder stopped by to "review many progress" and said welding cable might not be a good choice aft of the firewall as welding cable gives of poisonous fumes if it burns.

Comments?

When ANY insulation burns, the products of
combustion are exceedingly unfriendly
to children and other living things.

There are folks who make it their life's
work to 'reduce risk' . . . even to the point
of codifying their profundities and threatening
you with retribution for regulatory
transgression.

In THIS case: What conditions would cause the
insulation on these cables to burn? Electrical
overload is one . . . externally applied fire
is the other.

The risks for electrically induced overload are
so tiny that certified iron of all sizes does
not add overload protection to these wires.

In FAR23.1357 we find these words:

Sec. 23.1357 Circuit protective devices.

(a) Protective devices, such as fuses or circuit breakers, must be
installed in all electrical circuits other than--
(1) Main circuits of starter motors used during starting only; and
(2) Circuits in which no hazard is presented by their omission.

If you've got active fire in the aircraft
that threatens to ignite your wire's insulation,
then I suggest your risk issues go far beyond
any concerns for the quality of the smoke.

Bottom line is that while those-who-know-more-
about-airplanes-than-we-do will prohibit certain
insulations in new design, they still permit
an older airplane to be repaired with the SAME
insulations that were on the original type
certificate.

For example, a 1946 C-140 wired with cotton over
rubber wire or a 1968 C-172 wired with nylon over
PVC can be repaired with the same wire. If the
admonitions for controlling cockpit pollution
were imperatives, then one would think that any
airplane brought in for repairs should be
completely re-wired.

The short answer is that risks to your future
well being due to poor selection of insulation
are vanishingly small compared to risks
for bird strike, wind shear . . . or running
out of fuel.

Bob . . . [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Bill Allen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

I found that #2 wire is also very heavy, and used the "fatwire" from perehelion designs; see http://www.periheliondesign.com/fatwires.htm  

Bill Allen
Cozy4 EGBJ UK

On 23 June 2013 13:50, Mark Banus <mbanus(at)hotmail.com (mbanus(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]

Bob,

Comments?

Mark Banus
Glasair SIIS FT
N600

Quote:

ist" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

ramjetwiebe(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Please, can I say something?
My first comment may be, "What doesn't produce noxious fumes when it burns?"
Well, a goodly amount of welding cable, it seems. It just doesn't burn.
Some does. One insulation for welding wire is treated neoprene rubber. I remember some time ago (when I was a chemical rep) there was a big discussion on the use of ETU (Ethylene Thiouria sp?) as it was used in the vulcanization process. (There may be other methods in use now.) And neoprene rubber burns.
EPDM does not.
BTW, both come in red and I can't tell you why so few use this colour on their + battery runs.

What is not supposed to burn is EPDM. Ethylene propylene diene monomer is, I think, the most common store bought welding cable insulation. The price for a brand name is roughly the same as for neoprene. However, I (that would be me but you have your own choices to make) would not use EPDM in this application as it has significantly lower resistance to grease and oil than neoprene. Apart from that, EPDM and neoprene are pretty much equal in strength, abrasion resistance and so on so FFW I would have no temptation to use EPDM - except that EPDM is not supposed to be flammable. Much of the surplus welding cable I have encountered seems to be neoprene, but I wouldn't count on it. (They both come in different colours and finishes.) So, with EPDM, no poisonous fumes. It doesn't burn. Put that in your pipe and try and smoke it!
The neoprene cable I am most familiar with is the Carol Brand made stuff (now General Cable.) General Cable makes even more rugged wire, but I have never seen it in use - only on sample boards. In the spec sheets, GC calls US made Carolprene flame resistant. The big welding stores sell this stuff by the light year.
I do know that Carolprene finds its way inside mines, factories, etc. where there are going to be major concerns in the case of fire. I have been around this or similar products most of my life and have never seen it burn. Granted, I have never intentionally taken a torch to the stuff but I can tell you it exists in seriously harsh environments. (It pulls back if you solder it with a torch so I learned to make good crimps. That's one expensive(!) crimper [so borrow] but I was always able to find good terminals surplus. DKW.)
Next time I see a wire rep, I'll ask if he can give me the burn temperature for the insulation. A brief hunt http://msds.dupont.com/msds/pdfs/EN/PEN_09004a35803d9eb8.pdf reveals that plain ol' neoprene "burns" (flashpoint, open cup) at above F500 (C260) degrees. For reference, wood burns at about C300 degrees. The fumes from neoprene ARE toxic and noxious. They can cause permanent lung damage.
Even though EPDM is NOT flammable it's maximum listed service temp is C150 degrees. So if you want, run as much as you like inside your aircraft and dare your buddies to burn it. Under the hood, EPDM does find it's way into ignition wires, but to my mind this is an item you replace every annual. If you build nose heavy and put your battery(s) in the tail, then this might be just the place to run EPDM!
More importantly, I think, than insulation is wire strand size. I have seen a LOT of very heavy strand stuff called welding cable even though it would never be tolerated. Acceptable stranding should be no larger than 0.010. All the good stuff is.
In addition to Bob's comments about fusing: I guess you could always put in a fusible link if you REALLY felt the need. This just seems like an additional and unnecessary failure point (more connections) to me. I wouldn't do it. ( Aside: As a teen, I had a '74 Mazda Rotary with a failed fuse link that took me days to find. They also ran all the current through the ammeter; something I learned not to do thanks to that experience.)
In the one aircraft I have built and the two projects I am working on, I installed a cable or rod operated mechanical battery switch and no solenoid. (A switch needs no current to stay on.) Either way, I don't know if I would remember to turn off an ignition switch or flip a battery switch (and turn off the fuel and turn off the fuel pump and so on) if I was in a hurry to get out of the way. Maybe that requires practice on my part. I remember reading a tale of a WW2 pilot who bailed out and felt cheated at just that moment as in all his training they never even gave him a minutes instruction - let alone practice - on how to deplane ("Not now, Tatoo. I'm busy admiring the Corinthian Leather seats in my Volare."*) when he wasn't on the ground.
All this conversation about safety... How many of us wear a parachute?
*"De plane, Boss! De plane!" If this makes no sense to you, I feel very old.

Neoprene does not appear to be a trademark, hence I avoided capitalization as it is a generic term.

-Robert

From: "Robert L. Nuckolls, III" <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com>
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:55:03 AM
Subject: Re: AeroElectric-List: #2 Welding Cable

Bob,

Comments?

When ANY insulation burns, the products of
  combustion are exceedingly unfriendly
to children and other living things.

There are folks who make it their life's
work to 'reduce risk' . . . even to the point
of codifying their profundities and threatening
  you with retribution for regulatory
transgression.

In THIS case: What conditions would cause the
insulation on these cables to burn? Electrical
  overload is one . . . externally applied fire
is the other.

The risks for electrically induced overload are
so tiny that certified iron of all sizes does
not add overload protection to these wires.

In FAR23.1357 we find these words:

Sec. 23.1357 Circuit protective devices.

(a) Protective devices, such as fuses or circuit breakers, must be
installed in all electrical circuits other than--
(1) Main circuits of starter motors used during starting only; and
(2) Circuits in which no hazard is presented by their omission.

If you've got active fire in the aircraft
that threatens to ignite your wire's insulation,
then I suggest your risk issues go far beyond
any concerns for the quality of the smoke.

Bottom line is that while those-who-know-more-
about-airplanes-than-we-do will prohibit certain
insulations in new design, they still permit
an older airplane to be repaired with the SAME
insulations that were on the original type
certificate.

For example, a 1946 C-140 wired with cotton over
rubber wire or a 1968 C-172 wired with nylon over
PVC can be repaired with the same wire. If the
admonitions for controlling cockpit pollution
were imperatives, then one would think that any
airplane brought in for repairs should be
completely re-wired.

The short answer is that risks to your future
well being due to poor selection of insulation
are vanishingly small compared to risks
  for bird strike, wind shear . . . or running
out of fuel.

Bob . . .
[quote]
lank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://t; http://www.matronics.com/contrib===============

[b]

n801bh(at)NetZero.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Personally I agree with Bob...... If you have a fire burning to the extent of worrying about fumes coming off the insulation jacket, you have your priorities wrong.......
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

Eric M. Jones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.

Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tech polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Super-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others).

All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons, racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.

I will gladly send a free sample to interested builders. See attached.

Copper cables_Aluminum cables.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Copper cables_Aluminum cables.pdf
 Filesize:  154.49 KB
 Downloaded:  432 Time(s)

Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net
wynaire(at)citlink.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Hello Eric,
This may be a "loose canon" question..
In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]? Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!
Thanks in advance,
Mike W
LNC2 360 builder forever Wink
PS: Your heavy cabling is on my list of must have items.

[quote]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28 AM
Subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable

--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>

I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.

Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tech polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Super-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others).

All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons, racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403388#403388

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdfhttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp; ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/
_; -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Eric M. Jones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Quote:
...This may be a "loose cannon" question...In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]? Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe! ...Mike W

What a wonderful question! In fact, there are exactly and precisely as many electrons returning as got sent out. Electrons don't go back to "battery rehab" for another trip. The true picture is far more complicated, and if you decided you wanted to know, you'd never finish your airplane.

In a metal airplane, letting the metal body carry the ground current is possible but not to be undertaken without some serious engineering work, and might change over time. Letting the metal tube frame carry the ground current likewise is problematic.

See attached.

Dabbling with Electricity.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Dabbling with Electricity.pdf
 Filesize:  248.25 KB
 Downloaded:  458 Time(s)

Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net
henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Mike,

According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say below is not true.

Henador Titzoff

To: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable

Hello Eric,
In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!
Thanks in advance,
Mike W

[quote]

--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp; ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/
_; -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt; http://www.matronics.com/contrib===============

[b]

jay(at)horriblehyde.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Correct; whilst the relative voltage changes in a series circuit, the current stays the same throughout the circuit. We size cables by considering the current through them, and the voltage drop incurred across the line until it gets to the load; the current being the primary factor. Since the current is the same throughout the circuit the return line must be the same size as the supply line.

Johannesburg Jay
PS I think that it was Kirchoff’s law and not Krucshev’s J

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Henador Titzoff
Sent: 25 June 2013 07:51 PM

Mike,

According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say below is not true.

Henador Titzoff
From: "wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>
To: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)>

Hello Eric,

In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]? Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!

Thanks in advance,

Mike W

Quote:

From: Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp; ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/

ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt; http://www.matronics.com/contrib===============

Quote:
[/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=][/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

rob(at)hyperion-ef.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

It was Kirchhoff's Law way back when I was an undergraduate in engineering.

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, California
Europa XS
Rotax 914
S/N A070
Airframe complete
Avionics soon

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Henador Titzoff
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:51 AM

Mike,

Henador Titzoff
From: "wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>
To: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)>

Hello Eric,

Thanks in advance,

Mike W

Quote:

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

Quote:
[/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=][/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

wynaire(at)citlink.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Thanks for your clear reply to my [humor intended] question. Ironic that you mention the ex-USSR president, as he remains a hero to some friends [USSR], primarily for trying to get corn started in the countryside. Better it had been "popcorn." I still enjoy watching kids eyes when popping in a bag of micro-waveable corn for them, on visits [Belarus]. Mank

[quote]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:48 PM
Subject: RE: Re: #2 Welding Cable

Correct; whilst the relative voltage changes in a series circuit, the current stays the same throughout the circuit. We size cables by considering the current through them, and the voltage drop incurred across the line until it gets to the load; the current being the primary factor. Since the current is the same throughout the circuit the return line must be the same size as the supply line.

Johannesburg Jay
PS I think that it was Kirchoff’s law and not Krucshev’s J

Mike,

Henador Titzoff

Hello Eric,

Thanks in advance,

Mike W

Quote:

--------
Eric M. Jones
http://www.periheliondesign.com/
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com/files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf
_;   -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
  ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt/; http://forums.matronics.co=/

Quote:
[/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=/][/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=/]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt/; http://forums.matronics.co=/
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt/; http://forums.matronics.co=/
4[/b][/b]

[b]

rickofudall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Kruschev's Law says: "Politicians are the same everywhere, they want to build you a bridge when you have no river."

Rick Girard
do not archive

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Rob Housman <rob(at)hyperion-ef.com (rob(at)hyperion-ef.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, California
Europa XS
Rotax 914
S/N A070
Airframe complete
Avionics soon

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Henador Titzoff
Subject: Re: AeroElectric-List: Re: #2 Welding Cable

Mike,

Henador Titzoff

Subject: Re: AeroElectric-List: Re: #2 Welding Cable

Hello Eric,

In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!

Thanks in advance,

Mike W

Quote:

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
[url=tel:%28508%29%20764-2072](508) 764-2072[/url]
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp;         ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/
_;                   -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[u]
[/u]

Quote:
[u] [/u][u] [/u][u][/u][u][/u][u][/u][u][/u] 
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

--
Zulu Delta
Mk IIIC
Thanks, Homer GBYM
It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy.
  - Groucho Marx

[quote][b]

wtmills

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Hey Henador -

Good joke - too much damage control but I get it now (I am also prepared to accept "EE decrees" as another joke . . ?).
All is well -
Bill
SF bay area
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Henador Titzoff <henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com (henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
[quote]John, actually it's Kirchoff's voltage and current laws.  He formulated them in 1845, which is way back before we had EE decrees.

When I arrived on the crypto scene in 1969, the old timers had been calling them Khrushchev's voltage and current laws as a JOKE.  Do you guys get it?  Both names start with a K and kinda sound alike unless you're German or Russian.  Then they don't.

Henador Titzoff

From: "john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com (john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com)" <john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com (john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com)>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:30 PM
Subject: AeroElectric-List: Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable

Kirchoffs law I think you mean. The sum of the current flowing into a node is equal to the sum of the current flowing out of a node. Or in other words you need the same size cables.
Cheers
John MacCallum

Sent from my HTC One XL on the Telstra 4G network
----- Reply message -----
From: "Henador Titzoff" <henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com (henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com)>
Date: Wed, Jun 26, 2013 01:51
Mike,

Henador Titzoff

Hello Eric,
In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!
Thanks in advance,
Mike W
>To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
Quote:

>--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>

Quote:

I've been selling
Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.

>
Quote:
>

Quote:

>

Quote:
--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
>emjones(at)charter.net

Quote:

>

Quote:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp;        
ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/

Quote:
_;                   -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.matron=======

Quote:

ist" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

neal.george(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Wasn't Krucshev the guy with the shoe...?

Neal George
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 25, 2013, at 1:57 PM, "Rob Housman" <rob(at)hyperion-ef.com> wrote:

[quote] It was Kirchhoff's Law way back when I was an undergraduate in engineering

henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Yes, Neal, everybody thought Krushchev was a heel, but he had a lot of sole.

Henador Titzoff

To: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:37 PM

Neal GeorgeSent from my iPhone
On Jun 25, 2013, at 1:57 PM, "Rob Housman" <rob(at)hyperion-ef.com (rob(at)hyperion-ef.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, California
Europa XS
Rotax 914
S/N A070
Airframe complete
Avionics soon

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Henador Titzoff

Mike,

Henador Titzoff

Hello Eric,

Thanks in advance,

Mike W

Quote:

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

Quote:
[/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=/][/url][url=http://forums.matronics.co=/][/url]ank" href="[url=http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List]http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt; http://www.matronics.com/contrib===============
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
2[/b]

[quote][b]

fly4grins(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

And I though I was getting old!   Wink

Quote:
From: Neal George <neal.george(at)gmail.com (neal.george(at)gmail.com)> >Wasn't Krucshev the guy with the shoe...?

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 6:58 AM, AeroElectric-List Digest Server <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)> wrote:
[quote]*

=========================
   Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive
 =========================

Today's complete AeroElectric-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below.  The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation.  The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the AeroElectric-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter=2013-06-25&Archive=AeroElectric

Text Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter=2013-06-25&Archive=AeroElectric

================================================
   EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive
 ================================================

----------------------------------------------------------
                           AeroElectric-List Digest Archive
                                      ---
                     Total Messages Posted Tue 06/25/13: 14
           ----------------------------------------------------------

Today's Message Index:
----------------------

1. 01:20 AM - Re: AeroElectric-List Digest: 5 Msgs - 06/24/13  (D L Josephson)
     2. 05:29 AM - Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Eric M. Jones)
     3. 10:11 AM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net))
     4. 10:35 AM - Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Eric M. Jones)
     5. 10:52 AM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Henador Titzoff)
     6. 11:49 AM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Jay Hyde)
     7. 11:58 AM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Rob Housman)
     8. 01:09 PM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net))
     9. 03:00 PM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Richard Girard)
    10. 03:31 PM - =?utf-8?B?UmU6IEFlcm9FbGVjdHJpYy1MaXN0OiBSZTogIzIgV2VsZGluZyBDYWJsZQ==?  (=?utf-8?B?am9obi5tYWNjYWxsdW1AYmlncG9uZC5jb20=?=)
    11. 04:15 PM - =?utf-8?B?UmU6IEFlcm9FbGVjdHJpYy1MaXN0OiDvu79SZTogQWVyb0VsZWN0cmljLUxp?= =?utf-8?B?c3Q6IFJlOiAjMiBXZWxkaW5nIENhYmxl?  (Henador Titzoff)
    12. 04:46 PM - Re: Re: Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Bill)
    13. 06:38 PM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Neal George)
    14. 07:37 PM - Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable  (Henador Titzoff)

________________________________  Message 1  _____________________________________

Time: 01:20:53 AM PST US
From: D L Josephson <dlj04(at)josephson.com (dlj04(at)josephson.com)>
Subject: Re: AeroElectric-List Digest: 5 Msgs - 06/24/13

> From: Chuck Birdsall<cbirdsall6(at)cox.net (cbirdsall6(at)cox.net)>
> Subject: ELT antenna location
>
>
> I'm putting a 406MHz ELT (ACK E-04) in my Piper Cherokee in place of
> dead OE Narco.
>
> One of the statements in the installation manual - and in other
> references such as AC43.13-2 and antenna manufacturers - says that the
> ELT antenna should be at least 36 inches from a Com antenna. Key word:
> Should.
(snip)
>
> So the questions are:
> Am I going to have to move the Com 2 antenna?
> What are the risk factors if I leave the antenna locations as they are?
My suggestion is that it will be just fine, assuming that you use the
antenna supplied with the E-04. The comm will be affected just as it was
with the other ELT antenna there, or maybe a little less. The ELT
radiation pattern will be affected, but I would think only slightly, and
not at all on 406 MHz. The only risk factor I can think of is that there
might be a little more potential for intermodulation if you are
transmitting on Com 2 while the ELT is transmitting, but that's a highly
unlikely scenario.

--
David Josephson

________________________________  Message 2  _____________________________________

Time: 05:29:16 AM PST US
From: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>

I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many
many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.

Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tech polyester
insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Super-8 uses
a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others).

All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons, racecars,
helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf

________________________________  Message 3  _____________________________________

Time: 10:11:27 AM PST US

Hello Eric,=0AThis may be a "loose canon" question..=0AIn a glass/plastic a
ircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]?- Seems
in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than
 going out..., hence the-allowance-for a smaller pipe! =0AThanks in adv
ance,=0AMike W=0ALNC2 360 builder forever Wink=0APS: Your heavy cabling is on
 my list of must have items. =0A************=0A=0A=0A>_____________________
___________=0A> From: Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>To: aeroelectr
ic-list(at)matronics.com (ic-list(at)matronics.com) =0A>Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28 AM=0A>Subject:
Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A>  =0A>=0A>--> AeroElectric-List
message posted by: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>=0A>I've been s
elling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many many h
appy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.=0A>=0A
>Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tec
h polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Supe
r-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others
).=0A>=0A>All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in ballo
ons, racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.=0A>=0A
>I will gladly send a free sample to interested builders. See attached.=0A>
=0A>--------=0A>Eric M. Jones=0A>www.PerihelionDesign.com=0A>113 Brentwood
Drive=0A>Southbridge, MA 01550=0A>[url=tel:%28508%29%20764-2072](508) 764-2072[/url]=0A>emjones(at)charter.net
=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>Read this topic online here:=0A>=0A>http://forums.matro
nics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403388#403388=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>Attachments:
=0A>=0A>http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_72
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Matt Dralle, L
==========0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>

________________________________  Message 4  _____________________________________

Time: 10:35:36 AM PST US
From: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>

> ...This may be a "loose cannon" question...In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both
polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]? Seems in reality, that there
are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the
allowance for a smaller pipe! ...Mike W

What a wonderful question! In fact, there are exactly and precisely as many electrons
returning as got sent out. Electrons don't go back to "battery rehab" for
another trip. The true picture is far more complicated, and if you decided
you wanted to know, you'd never finish your airplane.

In a metal airplane, letting the metal body carry the ground current is possible
but not to be undertaken without some serious engineering work, and might change
over time. Letting the metal tube frame carry the ground current likewise
is problematic.

See attached.

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
emjones(at)charter.net

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403408#403408

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/dabbling_with_electricity_385.pdf
http://forums.matronics.com//files/dabbling_with_electricity_360.pdf

________________________________  Message 5  _____________________________________

Time: 10:52:08 AM PST US
From: Henador Titzoff <henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com (henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com)>

Mike,=0A=0AAccording to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say be
low is not true.=0A-=0A=0AHenador Titzoff=0A=0A=0A_______________________
_________=0A From: "wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>=0ATo: "aeroe
lectric-list(at)matronics.com (lectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)> =0ASent: Tues
day, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM=0ASubject: Re: Re: #2 Welding
 Cable=0A =0A=0A=0AHello Eric,=0AThis may be a "loose canon" question..=0AI
n a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same siz
e [dia.]?- Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back t
o the battery" than going out..., hence the-allowance-for a smaller pip
e! =0AThanks in advance,=0AMike W=0ALNC2 360 builder forever Wink=0APS: Your
heavy cabling is on my list of must have items. =0A************=0A=0A=0AFro
m: Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.c
om =0A>Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28 AM=0A>Subject: AeroElectric-List:
Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>=0A>I've been selling=0A Copper-cla
d-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many many happy users on the
 Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.=0A>=0A>Sizes Super-2-CC
A and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tech polyester insul
ation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Super-8 uses a TFE "T
efzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others).=0A>=0A>All of
these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons, racecars, he
licopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.=0A>=0A>I will gladly se
nd a free sample to interested builders. See attached.=0A>=0A>--------=0A>E
ric M. Jones=0A>www.PerihelionDesign.com=0A>113 Brentwood Drive=0A>Southbri
dge, MA 01550=0A>[url=tel:%28508%29%20764-2072](508) 764-2072[/url]=0A>emjones(at)charter.net=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>
=0A>Read this topic online here:=0A>=0A>http://forums.matronics.com/viewtop
ic.php?p=403388#403388=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>Attachments: =0A>=0A>http://for
ums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf http://www.m
atronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp; - - - -=0Aums.matronics.com/"
target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/=0A>_; - - - - -
- - - - -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.matron
=======

________________________________  Message 6  _____________________________________

Time: 11:49:07 AM PST US
From: "Jay Hyde" <jay(at)horriblehyde.com (jay(at)horriblehyde.com)>

Correct; whilst the relative voltage changes in a series circuit, the
current stays the same throughout the circuit.  We size cables by
considering the current through them, and the voltage drop incurred across
the line until it gets to the load; the current being the primary factor.
Since the current is the same throughout the circuit the return line must be
the same size as the supply line.

Johannesburg Jay

PS I think that it was Kirchoff's law and not Krucshev's  J

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)
[mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Henador
Titzoff

Mike,

According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say below is not
true.

Henador Titzoff

_____

Hello Eric,

In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same
size [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back
to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!

Thanks in advance,

Mike W

<emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>

I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years.
Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it
too.

Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tech
polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Super-8
uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others).

All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons,
racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp;
<http://forums.matronics.com/files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf>
_;                   -Matt Dralcontribution"
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt;
http://www.matronics.com/contrib==============
<http://forums.matronics.co=>

Forum -
to browse
Un/Subscription,
Chat, FAQ,

________________________________  Message 7  _____________________________________

Time: 11:58:29 AM PST US
From: "Rob Housman" <rob(at)hyperion-ef.com (rob(at)hyperion-ef.com)>

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, California

Europa XS

Rotax 914

S/N A070

Airframe complete

Avionics soon

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)
[mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Henador
Titzoff

Mike,

According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say below is not
true.

Henador Titzoff

_____

Hello Eric,

In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same
size [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back
to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!

Thanks in advance,

Mike W

<emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>

I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years.
Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it
too.

Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tech
polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Super-8
uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others).

All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons,
racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
emjones(at)charter.net

Attachments:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp;
<http://forums.matronics.com/files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf>
_;                   -Matt Dralcontribution"
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt;
http://www.matronics.com/contrib==============

Forum -
to browse
Un/Subscription,
Chat, FAQ,

________________________________  Message 8  _____________________________________

Time: 01:09:41 PM PST US

Thanks for your clear reply to my [humor intended] question. Ironic that yo
u mention the ex-USSR president, as he remains a hero to some friends [USSR
], primarily for trying to get corn started in the countryside. Better it h
ad been "popcorn." I still enjoy watching kids eyes when popping in a bag o
f micro-waveable corn for them, on visits [Belarus].=C2-=C2- Mank=0A=0A
=0A>________________________________=0A> From: Jay Hyde <jay(at)horriblehyde.c
om>=0A>To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com) =0A>Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013
 12:48 PM=0A>Subject: RE: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A>  =0A>
=0A>=0A>Correct; whilst the relative voltage changes in a series circuit, t
he current stays the same throughout the circuit.=C2- We size cables by c
onsidering the current through them, and the voltage drop incurred across t
he line until it gets to the load; the current being the primary factor.=C2
- Since the current is the same throughout the circuit the return line mu
st be the same size as the supply line.=0A>=C2-=0A>Johannesburg Jay=0A>PS
 I think that it was Kirchoff=99s law and not Krucshev=99s=C2
- J=0A>=C2-=0A>=C2-=0A>From:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.
com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Hena
dor Titzoff=0A>Sent: 25 June 2013 07:51 PM=0A>To: aeroelectric-list(at)matroni
cs.com=0A>Subject: Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A>=C2-=0A
>Mike,=0A>=0A>According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say
 below is not true.=0A>=C2-=0A>Henador Titzoff=0A>=0A>___________________
_____________=0A>=0A>From:"wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>=0A>To
: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)> =0A>S
ent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM=0A>Subject: Re: AeroElectric-List: Re:
#2 Welding Cable=0A>=C2-=0A>Hello Eric,=0A>This may be a "loose canon" qu
estion..=0A>In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be
 the same size [dia.]?=C2- Seems in reality, that there are less electron
s "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the=C2-allowance
=C2-for a smaller pipe! =0A>Thanks in advance,=0A>Mike W=0A>LNC2 360 buil
der forever Wink=0A>PS: Your heavy cabling is on my list of must have items.
=0A>************=0A>=C2-=0A>>From:Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>
>To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com) =0A>>Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28
 AM=0A>>Subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A>>=0A>>--> AeroE
lectric-List message posted by: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>>
=0A>>I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for ye
ars. Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters lov
e it too.=0A>>=0A>>Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame
retardant high tech polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insul
ation can be. Super-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the m
ilitary and others).=0A>>=0A>>All of these are designed for aircraft use bu
t find uses in balloons, racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight
is important.=0A>>=0A>>I will gladly send a free sample to interested build
ers. See attached.=0A>>=0A>>--------=0A>>Eric M. Jones=0A>>http://www.perih
eliondesign.com/=0A>>113 Brentwood Drive=0A>>Southbridge, MA 01550=0A>>(508
) 764-2072=0A>>emjones(at)charter.net=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>Read this top
ic online here:=0A>>=0A>>http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=4033
88#403388=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>Attachments: =0A>>=0A>>http://forums.matr
onics.com/files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf=0A>>_; =C2- =C2-
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralcontribution" ta
rget="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>
=0A>>=0A>=C2-=0A>=C2-=0A>ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigato
r?AeroElectric-List">http://wt/; http://forums.matronics.co=/=0A>=C2-
=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=C2-=0A>=C2-=0A>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?
AeroElectric-List=0A>http://forums.matronics.com=0A>http://www.matronics.co
 =0A>=0A>

________________________________  Message 9  _____________________________________

Time: 03:00:41 PM PST US
From: Richard Girard <aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com (aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com)>

Kruschev's Law says: "Politicians are the same everywhere, they want to
build you a bridge when you have no river."

Rick Girard
do not archive

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Rob Housman <rob(at)hyperion-ef.com (rob(at)hyperion-ef.com)> wrote:

> It was Kirchhoff's Law way back when I was an undergraduate in engineering.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards,****
>
> ** **
>
> Rob Housman****
>
> ** **
>
> Irvine, California****
>
> Europa XS****
>
> Rotax 914****
>
> S/N A070****
>
> Airframe complete****
>
> Avionics soon****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:
> owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] *On Behalf Of *Henador
> Titzoff
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:51 AM
>
> *To:* aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
> *Subject:* Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable****
>
> ** **
>
> Mike,
>
> According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say below is not
> true.
>  ****
>
> Henador Titzoff****
> ------------------------------
>
> *From:* "wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>
> *To:* "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM
> *Subject:* Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable****
>
> ** **
>
> Hello Eric,****
>
> This may be a "loose canon" question..****
>
> In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same
> size [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back
> to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!
> ****
>
> Thanks in advance,****
>
> Mike W****
>
> LNC2 360 builder forever Wink****
>
> PS: Your heavy cabling is on my list of must have items. ****
>
> ****************
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28 AM
> *Subject:* Re: #2 Welding Cable****
>
>
> emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>
>
> I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years.
> Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it
> too.
>
> Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high
> tech polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be.
> Super-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and
> others).
>
> All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons,
> racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.
>
> I will gladly send a free sample to interested builders. See attached.
>
> --------
> Eric M. Jones
> www.PerihelionDesign.com
> 113 Brentwood Drive
> Southbridge, MA 01550
> [url=tel:%28508%29%20764-2072](508) 764-2072[/url]
> emjones(at)charter.net
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403388#403388
>
>
> Attachments:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf
> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp;
> ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/<http://forums.matronics.com/files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf>
> _;                   -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">
> http://www.matronics.com/contribution
>
>
> ****
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt; http://www.matronics.com/contrib=============== <http://forums.matronics.co=>*
>
> *  <http://forums.matronics.co=>*
>
> *
>
>
> <http://forums.matronics.co=>*
>
>
>
> * <http://forums.matronics.co=>*
>
>
>
>
>
>
> * <http://forums.matronics.co=>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List <http://forums.matronics.co=>*
>
> **
>
> **
>
> *http://forums.matronics.com*
>
> **
>
> **
>
> **
>
> **
>
> *[url=http://www.matronics.com/contribution*]http://www.matronics.com/contribution*[/url]
>
> **
>
> * *
>
> *
>
> *
>
>

--
Zulu Delta
Mk IIIC
Thanks, Homer GBYM

It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy.
  - Groucho Marx

________________________________  Message 10  ____________________________________

Time: 03:31:16 PM PST US
From: =?utf-8?B?am9obi5tYWNjYWxsdW1AYmlncG9uZC5jb20=?= <john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com (john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com)>
Subject: =?utf-8?B?UmU6IEFlcm9FbGVjdHJpYy1MaXN0OiBSZTogIzIgV2VsZGluZyBDYWJsZQ==?

S2lyY2hvZmZzIGxhdyBJIHRoaW5rIHlvdSBtZWFuLiBUaGUgc3VtIG9mIHRoZSBjdXJyZW50IGZs
b3dpbmcgaW50byBhIG5vZGUgaXMgZXF1YWwgdG8gdGhlIHN1bSBvZiB0aGUgY3VycmVudCBmbG93
aW5nIG91dCBvZiBhIG5vZGUuIE9yIGluIG90aGVyIHdvcmRzIHlvdSBuZWVkIHRoZSBzYW1lIHNp
emUgY2FibGVzLgpDaGVlcnMgCkpvaG4gTWFjQ2FsbHVtCgpTZW50IGZyb20gbXkgSFRDIE9uZSBY
TCBvbiB0aGUgVGVsc3RyYSA0RyBuZXR3b3JrCgotLS0tLSBSZXBseSBtZXNzYWdlIC0tLS0tCkZy
b206ICJIZW5hZG9yIFRpdHpvZmYiIDxoZW5hZG9yX3RpdHpvZmZAeWFob28uY29tPgpUbzogImFl
cm9lbGVjdHJpYy1saXN0QG1hdHJvbmljcy5jb20iIDxhZXJvZWxlY3RyaWMtbGlzdEBtYXRyb25p
Y3MuY29tPgpTdWJqZWN0OiBBZXJvRWxlY3RyaWMtTGlzdDogUmU6ICMyIFdlbGRpbmcgQ2FibGUK
RGF0ZTogV2VkLCBKdW4gMjYsIDIwMTMgMDE6NTEKCgpNaWtlLAoKQWNjb3JkaW5nIHRvIEtydWNz
aGV2J3MgY3VycmVudCBhbmQgdm9sdGFnZSBsYXcsIHdoYXQgeW91IHNheSBiZWxvdyBpcyBub3Qg
dHJ1ZS4KwqAKCkhlbmFkb3IgVGl0em9mZgoKCl9fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19fX19f
X19fCiBGcm9tOiAid3luYWlyZUBjaXRsaW5rLm5ldCIgPHd5bmFpcmVAY2l0bGluay5uZXQ+ClRv
OiAiYWVyb2VsZWN0cmljLWxpc3RAbWF0cm9uaWNzLmNvbSIgPGFlcm9lbGVjdHJpYy1saXN0QG1h
dHJvbmljcy5jb20+IApTZW50OiBUdWVzZGF5LCBKdW5lIDI1LCAyMDEzIDE6MDcgUE0KU3ViamVj
dDogUmU6IEFlcm9FbGVjdHJpYy1MaXN0OiBSZTogIzIgV2VsZGluZyBDYWJsZQogCgoKSGVsbG8g
RXJpYywKVGhpcyBtYXkgYmUgYSAibG9vc2UgY2Fub24iIHF1ZXN0aW9uLi4KSW4gYSBnbGFzcy9w
bGFzdGljIGFpcmNyYWZ0LCBkbyBib3RoIHBvbGFyaXR5IGNhYmxlcyBuZWVkIHRvIGJlIHRoZSBz
YW1lIHNpemUgW2RpYS5dP8KgIFNlZW1zIGluIHJlYWxpdHksIHRoYXQgdGhlcmUgYXJlIGxlc3Mg
ZWxlY3Ryb25zICJjb21pbmcgYmFjayB0byB0aGUgYmF0dGVyeSIgdGhhbiBnb2luZyBvdXQuLi4s
IGhlbmNlIHRoZcKgYWxsb3dhbmNlwqBmb3IgYSBzbWFsbGVyIHBpcGUhIApUaGFua3MgaW4gYWR2
YW5jZSwKTWlrZSBXCkxOQzIgMzYwIGJ1aWxkZXIgZm9yZXZlciA7KQpQUzogWW91ciBoZWF2eSBj
YWJsaW5nIGlzIG9uIG15IGxpc3Qgb2YgbXVzdCBoYXZlIGl0ZW1zLiAKKioqKioqKioqKioqCgoK
RnJvbTogRXJpYyBNLiBKb25lcyA8ZW1qb25lc0BjaGFydGVyLm5ldD4KPlRvOiBhZXJvZWxlY3Ry
aWMtbGlzdEBtYXRyb25pY3MuY29tIAo+U2VudDogVHVlc2RheSwgSnVuZSAyNSwgMjAxMyA2OjI4
IEFNCj5TdWJqZWN0OiBBZXJvRWxlY3RyaWMtTGlzdDogUmU6ICMyIFdlbGRpbmcgQ2FibGUKPiAK
Pgo+LS0+IEFlcm9FbGVjdHJpYy1MaXN0IG1lc3NhZ2UgcG9zdGVkIGJ5OiAiRXJpYyBNLiBKb25l
cyIgPGVtam9uZXNAY2hhcnRlci5uZXQ+Cj4KPkkndmUgYmVlbiBzZWxsaW5nCiBDb3BwZXItY2xh
ZC1hbHVtaW51bSBGYXR3aXJlIGluIHNldmVyYWwgc2l6ZXMgZm9yIHllYXJzLiBNYW55IG1hbnkg
aGFwcHkgdXNlcnMgb24gdGhlIEFlcm9lbGVjdHJpYyBMSXN0LiBUb3AgZnVlbCBkcmFnc3RlcnMg
bG92ZSBpdCB0b28uCj4KPlNpemVzIFN1cGVyLTItQ0NBIGFuZCBTdXBlci00LUNDQSBib3RoIHVz
ZSBhIFZXLTEgZmxhbWUgcmV0YXJkYW50IGhpZ2ggdGVjaCBwb2x5ZXN0ZXIgaW5zdWxhdGlvbiB3
aGljaCBpcyBhcyBiZW5ldm9sZW50IGFzIGFuIGluc3VsYXRpb24gY2FuIGJlLiBTdXBlci04IHVz
ZXMgYSBURkUgIlRlZnplbCIgY29weSAoSSBzZWxsIHRoZSBTdXBlci04IHRvIHRoZSBtaWxpdGFy
eSBhbmQgb3RoZXJzKS4KPgo+QWxsIG9mIHRoZXNlIGFyZSBkZXNpZ25lZCBmb3IgYWlyY3JhZnQg
dXNlIGJ1dCBmaW5kIHVzZXMgaW4gYmFsbG9vbnMsIHJhY2VjYXJzLCBoZWxpY29wdGVycywgZHJv
bmVzLCBldGMuLCB3aGVyZSB3ZWlnaHQgaXMgaW1wb3J0YW50Lgo+Cj5JIHdpbGwgZ2xhZGx5IHNl
bmQgYSBmcmVlIHNhbXBsZSB0byBpbnRlcmVzdGVkIGJ1aWxkZXJzLiBTZWUgYXR0YWNoZWQuCj4K
Pi0tLS0tLS0tCj5FcmljIE0uIEpvbmVzCj53d3cuUGVyaWhlbGlvbkRlc2lnbi5jb20KPjExMyBC
cmVudHdvb2QgRHJpdmUKPlNvdXRoYnJpZGdlLCBNQSAwMTU1MAo+KDUwOCkgNzY0LTIwNzIKPmVt
am9uZXMoYXQpY2hhcnRlci5uZXQKPgo+Cj4KPgo+UmVhZCB0aGlzIHRvcGljIG9ubGluZSBoZXJl
Ogo+Cj5odHRwOi8vZm9ydW1zLm1hdHJvbmljcy5jb20vdmlld3RvcGljLnBocD9wPTQwMzM4OCM0
MDMzODgKPgo+Cj4KPgo+QXR0YWNobWVudHM6IAo+Cj5odHRwOi8vZm9ydW1zLm1hdHJvbmljcy5j
b20vL2ZpbGVzL2NvcHBlcl9jYWJsZXNfYWx1bWludW1fY2FibGVzXzcyNy5wZGYgaHR0cDovL3d3
dy5tYXRyb25pY3MuY29tL05hdmlnYXRvcj9BZXJvRWxlY3Ric3A7IMKgIMKgIMKgIMKgCnVtcy5t
YXRyb25pY3MuY29tLyIgdGFyZ2V0PSJfYmxhbmsiPmh0dHA6Ly9mb3J1bXMubWF0cm9uaWNzLmNv
bS8KPl87IMKgIMKgIMKgIMKgIMKgIMKgIMKgIMKgIMKgIC1NYXR0IERyYWxjb250cmlidXRpb24i
IHRhcmdldD0iX2JsYW5rIj5odHRwOi8vd3d3Lm1hdHJvbj09PT09PT0K

________________________________  Message 11  ____________________________________

Time: 04:15:19 PM PST US
From: Henador Titzoff <henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com (henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com)>
Subject: =?utf-8?B?UmU6IEFlcm9FbGVjdHJpYy1MaXN0OiDvu79SZTogQWVyb0VsZWN0cmljLUxp?=
=?utf-8?B?c3Q6IFJlOiAjMiBXZWxkaW5nIENhYmxl?

John, actually it's Kirchoff's voltage and current laws.=C2- He formulate
d them in 1845, which is way back before we had EE decrees.=0A=0AWhen I arr
ived on the crypto scene in 1969, the old timers had been calling them Khru
shchev's voltage and current laws as a JOKE.=C2- Do you guys get it?=C2
- Both names start with a K and kinda sound alike unless you're German or
 Russian.=C2- Then they don't.=0A=C2-=0A=0AHenador Titzoff=0A=0A=0A____
____________________________=0A From: "john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com (john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com)" <john.ma
ccallum(at)bigpond.com (ccallum(at)bigpond.com)>=0ATo: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com) =0ASent: Tuesday
, June 25, 2013 6:30 PM=0ASubject: =EF=BBRe: AeroElec
tric-List: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A =0A=0A=0AKirchoffs law I think you mean.
 The sum of the current flowing into a node is equal to the sum of the curr
ent flowing out of a node. Or in other words you need the same size cables.
=0ACheers =0AJohn MacCallum=0A=0ASent from my HTC One XL on the Telstra 4G
network=0A=0A=0A----- Reply message -----=0AFrom: "Henador Titzoff" <henado
r_titzoff(at)yahoo.com (r_titzoff(at)yahoo.com)>=0ATo: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-
list(at)matronics.com (list(at)matronics.com)>=0ASubject: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0ADa
te: Wed, Jun 26, 2013 01:51=0A=0A=0AMike,=0A=0AAccording to Krucshev's curr
ent and voltage law, what you say below is not true.=0A=C2-=0A=0AHenador
Titzoff=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: "wynaire(at)citlink.n
et" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>=0ATo: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelec
tric-list(at)matronics.com (tric-list(at)matronics.com)> =0ASent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM=0ASubject:
 Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A=0A=0A=0AHello Eric,=0AThis
may be a "loose canon" question..=0AIn a glass/plastic aircraft, do both po
larity cables need to be the same size [dia.]?=C2- Seems in reality, that
 there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., h
ence the=C2-allowance=C2-for a smaller pipe! =0AThanks in advance,=0AMi
ke W=0ALNC2 360 builder forever Wink=0APS: Your heavy cabling is on my list o
f must have items. =0A************=0A=0A=0AFrom: Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)cha
aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com) =0A>Sent: Tuesday, June 25
, 2013 6:28 AM=0A>Subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A> =0A>
er.net>=0A>=0A>I've been selling=0ACopper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several
sizes for years. Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel d
ragsters love it too.=0A>=0A>Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a V
W-1 flame retardant high tech polyester insulation which is as benevolent a
s an insulation can be. Super-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-
8 to the military and others).=0A>=0A>All of these are designed for aircraf
t use but find uses in balloons, racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where
 weight is important.=0A>=0A>I will gladly send a free sample to interested
 builders. See attached.=0A>=0A>--------=0A>Eric M. Jones=0A>www.Perihelion
Design.com=0A>113 Brentwood Drive=0A>Southbridge, MA 01550=0A>(508) 764-207
2=0A>emjones(at)charter.net=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>Read this topic online here:
=0A>=0A>http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403388#403388=0A>=0A>
=0A>=0A>=0A>Attachments: =0A>=0A>http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_
cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElect
bsp; =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2-=0Aums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">ht
tp://forums.matronics.com/=0A>_; =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2-
=C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.m
atron======

________________________________  Message 12  ____________________________________

Time: 04:46:36 PM PST US
Subject: Re: Re: Re: AeroElectric-List:
Re: #2 Welding Cable
From: Bill <wtrooper(at)gmail.com (wtrooper(at)gmail.com)>

Hey Henador -

Good joke - too much damage control but I get it now (I am also prepared to
accept "EE decrees" as another joke . . ?).

All is well -
Bill
SF bay area

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Henador Titzoff
<henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com (henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com)>wrote:

> John, actually it's Kirchoff's voltage and current laws.  He formulated
> them in 1845, which is way back before we had EE decrees.
>
> When I arrived on the crypto scene in 1969, the old timers had been
> calling them Khrushchev's voltage and current laws as a JOKE.  Do you guy
s
> get it?  Both names start with a K and kinda sound alike unless you're
> German or Russian.  Then they don't.
>
> Henador Titzoff
>   ------------------------------
>  *From:* "john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com (john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com)" <john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com (john.maccallum(at)bigpond.com)>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:30 PM
> *Subject:* =EF=BBRe: Re: #2 Weld
ing Cable
>
> Kirchoffs law I think you mean. The sum of the current flowing into a nod
e
> is equal to the sum of the current flowing out of a node. Or in other wor
ds
> you need the same size cables.
> Cheers
> John MacCallum
>
> Sent from my HTC One XL on the Telstra 4G network
>
>
> ----- Reply message -----
> From: "Henador Titzoff" <henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com (henador_titzoff(at)yahoo.com)>
> To: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)>
> Subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable
> Date: Wed, Jun 26, 2013 01:51
>
>
> Mike,
>
> According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say below is no
t
> true.
>
>
> Henador Titzoff
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: "wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>
> To: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM
> Subject: Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable
>
>
> Hello Eric,
> This may be a "loose canon" question..
> In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same
> size [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming bac
k
> to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe
!
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike W
> LNC2 360 builder forever Wink
> PS: Your heavy cabling is on my list of must have items.
> ************
>
>
> From: Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>
> >To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
> >Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28 AM
> >Subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable
> >
> >
> emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>
> >
> >I've been selling
> Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many many happy
> users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.
> >
> >Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high
> tech polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be.
> Super-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and
> others).
> >
> >All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons,
> racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.
> >
> >I will gladly send a free sample to interested builders. See attached.
> >
> >--------
> >Eric M. Jones
> >www.PerihelionDesign.com
> >113 Brentwood Drive
> >Southbridge, MA 01550
> >(508) 764-2072
> >emjones(at)charter.net
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Read this topic online here:
> >
> >http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403388#403388
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Attachments:
> >
> >http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf
> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp;
> ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/
> >_;                   -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">
> http://www.matron======
>
>
>   *
>
===========
===========
===========
===========
> *
>
>

________________________________  Message 13  ____________________________________

Time: 06:38:57 PM PST US
From: Neal George <neal.george(at)gmail.com (neal.george(at)gmail.com)>

Neal George
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 25, 2013, at 1:57 PM, "Rob Housman" <rob(at)hyperion-ef.com (rob(at)hyperion-ef.com)> wrote:

> It was Kirchhoff's Law way back when I was an undergraduate in engineering
>
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rob Housman
>
> Irvine, California
> Europa XS
> Rotax 914
> S/N A070
> Airframe complete
> Avionics soon
>
> From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-aeroelect ([email]owner-aeroelect[/email])
ric-list-server(at)matronics.com (ric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Henador Titzoff
> Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:51 AM
> To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
>
> Mike,
>
> According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, what you say below is not
 true.
>
> Henador Titzoff
> From: "wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)>

> Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM
>
> Hello Eric,
> This may be a "loose canon" question..
> In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same s
ize [dia.]?  Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to
 the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe!
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike W
> LNC2 360 builder forever Wink
> PS: Your heavy cabling is on my list of must have items.
> ************
>
> From: Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>
> To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
> Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28 AM
> Subject: Re: #2 Welding Cable
>
net>
>
> I've been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years.
 Many many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it t
oo.
>
> Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant high tec
h polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can be. Super
-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military and others).

>
> All of these are designed for aircraft use but find uses in balloons, race
cars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is important.
>
> I will gladly send a free sample to interested builders. See attached.
>
> --------
> Eric M. Jones
> www.PerihelionDesign.com
> 113 Brentwood Drive
> Southbridge, MA 01550
> (508) 764-2072
> emjones(at)charter.net
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403388#403388
>
>
>
>
> Attachments:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com//files/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf h
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectbsp;         ums.matronics.com/" t
arget="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com/
> _;                   -Matt Dralcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.
matronics.com/contribution
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ank" href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://
wt; http://www.matronics.com/contrib==============

>
>
>
>
>
>
> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
> http://forums.matronics.com
> http://www.matronics.com/contribution
>
>
>
=
=========
=
=========
=
=========
=
=========
>

________________________________  Message 14  ____________________________________

Time: 07:37:23 PM PST US

Yes, Neal, everybody thought Krushchev was a heel, but he had a lot of sole
.=0A=0A-=0AHenador Titzoff=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A Fr
om: Neal George <neal.george(at)gmail.com (neal.george(at)gmail.com)>=0ATo: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.
com" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)> =0ASent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:37
 PM=0ASubject: Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A =0A=0A=0AWasn
't Krucshev the guy with the shoe...?=0A=0ANeal George=0ASent from my iPhon
e=0A=0AOn Jun 25, 2013, at 1:57 PM, "Rob Housman" <rob(at)hyperion-ef.com (rob(at)hyperion-ef.com)> wro
te:=0A=0A=0AIt was Kirchhoff's Law way back when I was an undergraduate in
engineering.=0A>-=0A>-=0A>Best regards,=0A>-=0A>Rob Housman=0A>-=0A
>Irvine, California=0A>Europa XS=0A>Rotax 914=0A>S/N A070=0A>Airframe compl
ete=0A>Avionics soon=0A>-=0A>From:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronic
owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of He
nador Titzoff=0A>Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:51 AM=0A>To: aeroelectric-
list(at)matronics.com (list(at)matronics.com)=0A>Subject: Re: Re: #2 Welding Cable
=0A>-=0A>Mike,=0A>=0A>According to Krucshev's current and voltage law, wh
at you say below is not true.=0A>-=0A>Henador Titzoff=0A>=0A>____________
____________________=0A>=0A>From:"wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)" <wynaire(at)citlink.net (wynaire(at)citlink.net)
>=0A>To: "aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)" <aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
> =0A>Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:07 PM=0A>Subject: Re: AeroElectric-Lis
t: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A>-=0A>Hello Eric,=0A>This may be a "loose canon
" question..=0A>In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need t
o be the same size [dia.]?- Seems in reality, that there are less electro
ns "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the-allowance-
for a smaller pipe! =0A>Thanks in advance,=0A>Mike W=0A>LNC2 360 builder fo
rever Wink=0A>PS: Your heavy cabling is on my list of must have items. =0A>**
**********=0A>-=0A>>From:Eric M. Jones <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>>To: aero
electric-list(at)matronics.com (electric-list(at)matronics.com) =0A>>Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:28 AM=0A>>S
ubject: Re: #2 Welding Cable=0A>>=0A>>--> AeroElectric-L
ist message posted by: "Eric M. Jones" <emjones(at)charter.net (emjones(at)charter.net)>=0A>>=0A>>I've
been selling Copper-clad-aluminum Fatwire in several sizes for years. Many
many happy users on the Aeroelectric LIst. Top fuel dragsters love it too.
=0A>>=0A>>Sizes Super-2-CCA and Super-4-CCA both use a VW-1 flame retardant
 high tech polyester insulation which is as benevolent as an insulation can
 be. Super-8 uses a TFE "Tefzel" copy (I sell the Super-8 to the military a
nd others).=0A>>=0A>>All of these are designed for aircraft use but find us
es in balloons, racecars, helicopters, drones, etc., where weight is import
ant.=0A>>=0A>>I will gladly send a free sample to interested builders. See
attached.=0A>>=0A>>--------=0A>>Eric M. Jones=0A>>www.PerihelionDesign.com
=0A>>113 Brentwood Drive=0A>>Southbridge, MA 01550=0A>>(508) 764-2072=0A>>e
mjones(at)charter.net=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>Read this topic online here:
=0A>>=0A>>http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403388#403388=0A>>
=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>Attachments: =0A>>=0A>>http://forums.matronics.com//fil
es/copper_cables_aluminum_cables_727.pdf http://www.matronics.com/Navigator
?AeroElectbsp; - - - - ums.matronics.com/" target="_blank">http:/
/forums.matronics.com/=0A>>_; - - - - - - - - - -Matt Dra
lcontribution" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution=0A>>
=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>>=0A>-=0A>-=0A>ank" href="http://www.matronics.com
/Navigator?AeroElectric-List">http://wt; http://www.matronics.com/contrib
================0A>-=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>-
=0A>-=0A>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List=0A>http://f
orums.matronics.com=0A>http://www.matronics.com/contribution=0A>-==
=========0Ast">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElect
ric-List=0A=====================
===============0Acs.com=0A=======
====0Amatronics.com/contribution=0A===========
========================
=================

===========
-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
===========
http://forums.matronics.com
===========
le, List Admin.
="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

[b]

wynaire(at)citlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: #2 Welding Cable Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yours [and the others'] answers did settle a long-nagging point [kinda' like a turn-to-downwind and stall... ]. It is great the way others chime-in. Humbling actually, especially if [every once in a while] when you begin to think you know it all, you find out the opposite, and keep on learning.
Cpaciebo. [Thx in Russian].
Mike

[quote]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:33 AM
Subject: AeroElectric-List: Re: #2 Welding Cable

Quote:
...This may be a "loose cannon" question...In a glass/plastic aircraft, do both polarity cables need to be the same size [dia.]? Seems in reality, that there are less electrons "coming back to the battery" than going out..., hence the allowance for a smaller pipe! ...Mike W

What a wonderful question! In fact, there are exactly and precisely as many electrons returning as got sent out. Electrons don't go back to "battery rehab" for another trip. The true picture is far more complicated, and if you decided you wanted to know, you'd never finish your airplane.

In a metal airplane, letting the metal body carry the ground current is possible but not to be undertaken without some serious engineering work, and might change over time. Letting the metal tube frame carry the ground current likewise is problematic.

See attached.

--------
Eric M. Jones
www.PerihelionDesign.com
113 Brentwood Drive
Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403408#403408

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/dabbling_with_electricity_385.pdf
http://forums.matronics.com//files/dabbling_with_electrici - The AeroElectric-List Email Forum -http://forums.matronics.com/< -Mats.com/contribution" =======

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: