Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It really does fly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeVaughan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: It really does fly Reply with quote

N69XS took to the skies July 4th 2015.  Overly high oil temperatures allowed only four very brief flights before I decided I needed to remake the cowling. Last winter/spring was spent doing just that.

Forward to this summer I have just recently resolved the oil temperature issue to my satisfaction, after much modification and testing.

A069 was the first XS sold. It was on display at Oshkosh. I purchased it there and trailered it home. A very, very, long time later, three moves to three different states, new homes and jobs; I finally stayed in one place long enough to finish it. I’m 11 hours into the FAA required 40 hour testing period.

The details:
Weight:   902 lbs
Engine:   BMW R1100RS 90 Hp Fuel injected, Computer controlled, Altitude compensating.
Reduction: 2.5:1 from Take Off of Germany
Propeller: Warp drive three blade ground adjustable.

I want to thank Bob Berube & Bud for their support. Bob Borger for letting me visit and see his lovely plane.

A special thanks to Jim Butcher for giving me a ride in his monowheel to help me get my perspective right before I flew mine.  I had the good fortune to get checked out in a monowheel so I could Ferry the factory demonstrator for a new owner from Lakeland to Albuquerque but that was 15 years ago

Many thanks to the forum, it is a great resource.

Cheers,

Lee Vaughan
vaughanrl(at)pella.com (vaughanrl(at)pella.com)
N69XS A069

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

20160805_111040.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.66 KB
 Viewed:  5781 Time(s)

20160805_111040.jpg

20160805_111517.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.42 KB

20160805_111517.jpg

20160805_111002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.44 KB

20160805_111002.jpg

20160805_110953.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.1 KB

20160805_110953.jpg

20160805_111024.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.64 KB

20160805_111024.jpg

20160805_112446.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.54 KB

20160805_112446.jpg

20160805_112430.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.1 KB

20160805_112430.jpg

rogersheridan(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: It really does fly Reply with quote

That’s an awesome achievement Lee, many congratulations.
Quote:
On 12 Oct 2016, at 21:48, Vaughan, Lee <vaughanrl(at)pella.com (vaughanrl(at)pella.com)> wrote:
N69XS took to the skies July 4th 2015. Overly high oil temperatures allowed only four very brief flights before I decided I needed to remake the cowling. Last winter/spring was spent doing just that.

Forward to this summer I have just recently resolved the oil temperature issue to my satisfaction, after much modification and testing.

A069 was the first XS sold. It was on display at Oshkosh. I purchased it there and trailered it home. A very, very, long time later, three moves to three different states, new homes and jobs; I finally stayed in one place long enough to finish it. I’m 11 hours into the FAA required 40 hour testing period.

The details:
Engine:   BMW R1100RS 90 Hp Fuel injected, Computer controlled, Altitude compensating.

I want to thank Bob Berube & Bud for their support. Bob Borger for letting me visit and see his lovely plane.

A special thanks to Jim Butcher for giving me a ride in his monowheel to help me get my perspective right before I flew mine. I had the good fortune to get checked out in a monowheel so I could Ferry the factory demonstrator for a new owner from Lakeland to Albuquerque but that was 15 years ago

Cheers,

Lee Vaughan
N69XS A069

<20160805_111040.jpg><20160805_111517.jpg><20160805_111002.jpg><20160805_110953.jpg><20160805_111024.jpg><20160805_112446.jpg><20160805_112430.jpg>

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

MJKTuck(at)cs.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: It really does fly Reply with quote

Congratulations Lee, welcome to the fold.
Regards,
Martin Tuck
Europa N152MT On 10/12/2016 3:48 PM, Vaughan, Lee wrote:

Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
N69XS took to the skies July 4th 2015.  Overly high oil temperatures allowed only four very brief flights before I decided I needed to remake the cowling.  Last winter/spring was spent doing just that. 

A069 was the first XS sold.  It was on display at Oshkosh.  I purchased it there and trailered it home.  A very, very, long time later, three moves to three different states, new homes and jobs; I finally stayed in one place long enough to finish it.  I’m 11 hours into the FAA required 40 hour testing period.

The details:
Weight:             902 lbs
Engine:             BMW R1100RS 90 Hp Fuel injected, Computer controlled, Altitude compensating.
Reduction:        2.5:1 from Take Off of Germany
Propeller:          Warp drive three blade ground adjustable.

I want to thank Bob Berube & Bud for their support.  Bob Borger for letting me visit and see his lovely plane. 

A special thanks to Jim Butcher for giving me a ride in his monowheel to help me get my perspective right before I flew mine.  I had the good fortune to get checked out in a monowheel so I could Ferry the factory demonstrator for a new owner from Lakeland to Albuquerque but that was 15 years ago

Cheers,

Lee Vaughan
N69XS  A069

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: It really does fly Reply with quote

Lee,
CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done! You have a gorgeous Europa there.

Now get out and have some fun flying.

Blue skies & tailwinds,Bob BorgerEuropa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP3705 Lynchburg Dr.Corinth, TX 76208-5331Cel: 817-992-1117rlborger(at)mac.com (rlborger(at)mac.com)
On Oct 12, 2016, at 3:48 PM, Vaughan, Lee <vaughanrl(at)pella.com (vaughanrl(at)pella.com)> wrote:
N69XS took to the skies July 4th 2015. Overly high oil temperatures allowed only four very brief flights before I decided I needed to remake the cowling. Last winter/spring was spent doing just that.

The details:

A special thanks to Jim Butcher for giving me a ride in his monowheel to help me get my perspective right before I flew mine. I had the good fortune to get checked out in a monowheel so I could Ferry the factory demonstrator for a new owner from Lakeland to Albuquerque but that was 15 years ago

Cheers,

Lee Vaughan
N69XS A069

<20160805_111040.jpg><20160805_111517.jpg><20160805_111002.jpg><20160805_110953.jpg><20160805_111024.jpg><20160805_112446.jpg><20160805_112430.jpg>

AirEupora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: It really does fly Reply with quote

Great looking plane, When you tell us about the performance figures for the engine.

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: It really does fly Reply with quote

Congratulations
I chickened put of the bm option.  Well done for making it work.
Will
On Oct 12, 2016 15:54, "Vaughan, Lee" <vaughanrl(at)pella.com (vaughanrl(at)pella.com)> wrote:
Quote:

N69XS took to the skies July 4th 2015.  Overly high oil temperatures allowed only four very brief flights before I decided I needed to remake the cowling.  Last winter/spring was spent doing just that. 

A069 was the first XS sold.  It was on display at Oshkosh.  I purchased it there and trailered it home.  A very, very, long time later, three moves to three different states, new homes and jobs; I finally stayed in one place long enough to finish it.  I’m 11 hours into the FAA required 40 hour testing period.

The details:
Weight:             902 lbs
Engine:             BMW R1100RS 90 Hp Fuel injected, Computer controlled, Altitude compensating.
Reduction:        2.5:1 from Take Off of Germany
Propeller:          Warp drive three blade ground adjustable.

I want to thank Bob Berube & Bud for their support.  Bob Borger for letting me visit and see his lovely plane. 

Cheers,

Lee Vaughan
N69XS  A069

h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: It really does fly Reply with quote

Congratulations Lee!

I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering how flight testing was going. Glad to hear of the success!

Jim Butcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: