Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trips 2017 UK/Europe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

I am pleased to say that rumours of my demise (or my aeroplane's) are premature and GXSDJ is well on the way to resurrection and should be flying in time for me to be fully involved in Trips this year. At the moment we have outline plans for trips to Scandinavia/Arctic, Greece and probably Spain, together with various day trips.
It would be good to have suggestions or requests for destinations or routes from anyone contemplating joining a trip or from anyone with local knowledge, and as ever from anyone prepared to lead a trip. I hope to publish a more detailed list of trips with dates in the next two weeks or so. Am happy to discuss any ideas via email or phone at any time (numbers in Europa Flyer)
Happy New Year and safe landings! David Joyce, Europa Club Trips organiser

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Jim Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Thanks David, Happy new year and please keep me posted.
Jim Kelly
On 2 Jan 2017 10:50 a.m., <davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk)> wrote:
Quote:

I am pleased to say that rumours of my demise (or my aeroplane's) are premature and GXSDJ is well on the way to resurrection and should be flying in time for me to be fully involved in Trips this year. At the moment we have outline plans for trips to Scandinavia/Arctic, Greece and probably Spain, together with various day trips.
    It would be good to have suggestions or requests for destinations or routes from anyone contemplating joining a trip or from anyone with local knowledge, and as ever from anyone prepared to lead a trip. I hope to publish a more detailed list of trips with dates in the next two weeks or so. Am happy to discuss any ideas via email or phone at any time (numbers in Europa Flyer)
    Happy New Year and safe landings!   David Joyce, Europa Club Trips organiser  

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

flee3722(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

David,do you still have wings for sale?Thanks,

Francis
On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 5:47 AM, <davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk)> wrote:
Quote:

Happy New Year and safe landings!   David Joyce, Europa Club Trips organiser  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Francis, No, Sorry. Have found new homes for everything except one windscreen, tinted.
Regards, David

On 2017-01-03 08:06, Francis Lee wrote:
Quote:
David,do you still have wings for sale?Thanks,
Francis

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 5:47 AM, <davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk)> wrote:
Quote:

Happy New Year and safe landings! David Joyce, Europa Club Trips organiser

graeme bird

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

I'd like to do a round trip around 3 nights or so. Maybe south France, Germany or Spain. Sounds like its too short for you marathon boys Smile

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
graeme bird

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

I'd like to do a round trip around 3 nights or so. Maybe south France, Germany or Spain. Sounds like its too short for you marathon boys Smile

dpark748(at)icloud.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Three nights would get you to Segovia and back if you want to join the Spain trip which is now provisionally scheduled end of June?

Dave Park
Quote:
On 5 Jan 2017, at 19:52, graeme bird <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis ap, pflarm, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP 5, Aera500 &amp; SD on Nexus,
250 hours &amp; 4 years on the Mono, 880 total
g(at)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=464731#464731

Roland

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

I'd like to join in for a daytrip in Germany or adjacend country. For sure I'll be at Texel again this year.I'd also like to take part in the club's AGM, if the weather will be better this year.
Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

milneab(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Hi Roland,

Would be delighted if you could join in on a Europa Club tour and also to
the AGM. One tour is being planned to Finland but all the details of this
year's tours will be on the website shortly and in the Europa Flyer.

I look forward to our meeting again.

Alasdair

--

graeme bird

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

A loop round Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Orkney's and home looks doable in my timescales; I guess many of you have done it. Any recommendations on stop overs? I have done south of France a couple of times, well at least Toulouse and Biscaros.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Graeme, If you are going that way, Hoganas, ESMH just on the Swedish side of the narrow water between Denmark & Sweden is a great airfield, I think probably the best set up GA airfield I have come across. It has rooms and a kitchen on site and very helpful locals, three grass runways and a splendid fishing port with great seafood restaurant just down the road.
That itinery seems a tad ambitious for three days, particularly as it includes Orkneys and Scotland, where Wx is rarely favourable. If you confine yourself to mainland Europe you can generally modify your route as you go along to avoid the worst Wx. We failed to find a single day this last summer when it was suitable to do aDawn to Dusk Challenge visiting all Scottish islands in one day!
Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-01-06 18:18, graeme bird wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "graeme bird" <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk (graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk)>

A loop round Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Orkney's and home looks doable in my timescales; I guess many of you have done it. Any recommendations on stop overs? I have done south of France a couple of times, well at least Toulouse and Biscaros.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis ap, pflarm, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP 5, Aera500 &amp; SD on Nexus,
g(at)gdbmk.co.uk

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=464782#464782
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

graeme bird

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Good advice, thanks. 2016 was a funny year weather wise, but I flew more and further than any previous years. I could extend a bit and plan a contingency route back retracing my steps the Spain trip sounds interesting too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Roland, Would you perhaps like to organise a trip to somewhere interesting and invite other Europa pilots to join you? I will happily advertise it in the Europa Flyer and the website. The same applies to all European  members. It would be very good to have some tours not originating in the UK
Regards, David Joyce, EC Trips organiser

On 2017-01-06 07:30, Alasdair Milne wrote: [quote] [quote]--> Europa-List message posted by: "Alasdair Milne" <milneab(at)btinternet.com (milneab(at)btinternet.com)> Hi Roland, Would be delighted if you could join in on a Europa Club tour and also to the AGM. One tour is being planned to Finland but all the details of this year's tours will be on the website shortly and in the Europa Flyer. I look forward to our meeting again. Alasdair --

Roland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Hello David,

as a matter of fact we are a couple of Europa pilots here in Germany and the Netherlands and we sometimes organise a little DOTH by e-mail. Unfortunately I don't have that much time for longer trips mostly due to family commitments (two little children).

It might be a good idea to join the OUV-summer meeting (the OUV "Oskar-Ursinus-Vereinigung" is the german counterpart of the LAA) in Bad Dürkheim http://www.edrf.de/ . This event is much smaller as the annual LAA-rallye. Bad Dürkheim is located quite central in West-Germany in the Rhein-Main area and also a famous wine-growing district.

I will ask Jens, the president of the OUV and a Europa builder and -pilot as well (D-EJJG), if we can use the event also to show up with some additional Europas. If not, we could probably arrange something else in a relaxed frame.

Also highly to recommend is the fly-in Wyk https://flugplatz-wyk.jimdo.com/fly-in/ on the Föhr island in Northern Germany from the 6th - 8th August (Stefan from Norway tried to organise a Europa fly-in there in 2015, which unfortunately was cancelled on short notice due to bad weather). I was there last year and met at least 2 other Europa-pilots Smile Camping under the wing is a matter of course there.....

I'll come back to that later.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

Roland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Hi David and all,

after reply from Jens I'm pleased to let you know, that all Europa-pilots are very welcome at the OUV-summer meeting, which will take place at

Bad Dürkheim EDRF from 16th-18th June 2017

Mogas is available at EDRF and no landing fees will be charged on arrival.

More details will follow (accomodation/camping, restaurants, daytrips....).

So please save the date by now! And David, please advertise also for the club-members.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Graeme, If you like to plan an actual itinerary + dates, I am happy to advertise it, with you as organiser. You will almost certainly attract some seasoned flyers so there should be ample expertise within the group, but in any case we can happily give any help needed ahead of times if there is uncertainty about flight plans, customs or whatever. You almost seem to be suggesting the sort of approach we have used for the Last of the Summer Wine trips, where we have looked at 4 nights and easy flying with no more than one leg per day (not counting a customs stop on the way to /from France). The other thing that springs to mind is that there are several foreign rallies that lend themselves to trips of that sort - details will appear I the upcoming Europa Flyer.
Regards, David

On 2017-01-05 19:52, graeme bird wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "graeme bird" <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk (graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk)>

--------
Graeme Bird
g(at)gdbmk.co.uk

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=464731#464731
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

carlp101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Hi Roland,

I'm interested in this three day trip, but I've never flown in Europe. Do you know if anyone else from the UK has shown an interest in this event? I'd appreciate tagging along with someone who has some experience (plus it would be more fun).

Regards
Carl
G-URMS
Roland wrote:
Hi David and all,

after reply from Jens I'm pleased to let you know, that all Europa-pilots are very welcome at the OUV-summer meeting, which will take place at

Bad Dürkheim EDRF from 16th-18th June 2017

Mogas is available at EDRF and no landing fees will be charged on arrival.

More details will follow (accomodation/camping, restaurants, daytrips....).

So please save the date by now! And David, please advertise also for the club-members.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

Roland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Hi Carl,

great, that you are planning to come - of course you are (like all Europa pilots) most welcome! I have got no confirmation of a UK-pilot yet and I noticed in the new Europa-flyer, that the club AGM is fixed also on that weekend, so that unfortunately some of the "usual subjects" will rather join the AGM I guess.

VFR flying in Germany is very straightforward because of its simple airspace structure. I've flown to the UK from western Germany and I can say, that flying in Belgium and France aren't difficult either. You are usually in contact with Lille Info and Brussels Info anyway.

Let me know, if I can help you somehow.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

carlp101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Well. With or without other Europa pilots I'm planning to come.

I've only familiar with flying in the UK. I have lots of questions. I hope you don't mind.

1. Are there any differences in RT procedures in other counties?
2. Is the handover procedure between counties in Europe the same as between the UK and France?
3. I assume I have to land at a customs in France before continuing. Is that correct?
4. Do I have to land at customs in each country?
5. How many flight plans do I need to file - one end-to-end plan or one per country?

Perhaps it would be better to chat on the phone? If you email me privately I can send you my contact details.

All the best.
Carl
cparkinson(at)cisc-uk.com

Roland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe Reply with quote

Hello Carl,

well, I'm not exactly an expert in flying abroad, although I've done it a few times.

As for your questions:

RT procedures are essentially the same in France, Belgium and Germany. All speak perfect English (okay, not as perfect as you of course Smile You won't hear "pass your message" when they reply like in the UK. Generally you'll get the new frequency on handover to the next station, if you don't have it already dialled in your radio. Just log in with Lille Information, Brussels Information, Langen Information.

You don't need to clear customs, but only immigrations when entering the EU from the UK AFAIK. You don't even need to land on an international Airport to do so, although that might make things easier. If you need to refuel anyway, Calais might be a good stop for you. From there you can cross borders freely within Schengen states like France, Belgium, Germany.... If you are planning to fly to Bad Dürkheim nonstop, I can check for you, if you can clear immigration there.

You need to file a flight plan for international flights. When you've landed, you have to close the plan with the appropriate AIS (often AFIS offers this service on request, but in Bad Dürkheim I can do this for you of course. When you fly back to the UK, you have to file the GAR of course.

Keep asking questions and I'll answer them - if I can Smile

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: