Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss P'fer Flies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Miss P'fer Flies Reply with quote

Got off my duff, went over to the airstrip, and did a little work and preflight on my nasty, dirty MKIII. Was a beautiful afternoon, however, I discovered it was windy and turbulent once I got above the trees. Did about 25 TO and Landings, 10 of those dead stick. Aircraft flew great despite a rusty pilot and hauling a ton of dirt around on her wings. Good to be back in the air again.
Got an invite to join the Kolb gang at Sun and Fun this year. I'll be camping with my airplane on the Kolb Aircraft display as I have for several years now. Looking forward to flying down about the 3d of April. I think it starts on the 4th.
Plan to fly out to the Rock House, in Oregon, in Sep for our annual Kolb flyin. I'll be celebrating 78 years. I think I can do it and enjoy some up close and personal time with just me and the MKIII on another transcontinental flight. I don't know how many of those I have done in this airplane since I first flew it in 1992.
john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Titus, Alabama
victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Miss P'fer Flies Reply with quote

Congratulations on getting back in the air.

Where exactly is the Rock House ? Depending on whether my Firestar is flying by then I might be able to attend.

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--------------------------------------------
On Mon, 3/20/17, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Subject: Miss P'fer Flies
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Monday, March 20, 2017, 3:23 PM

Miss P'fer Flies

Got off my duff, went over to the
airstrip, and did a little work and preflight on my
nasty, dirty MKIII.  Was a beautiful afternoon,
however, I discovered it was windy and turbulent once I got
above the trees.  Did about 25 TO and
Landings, 10 of those dead stick.  Aircraft flew great
despite a rusty pilot and hauling a ton of dirt around on
her wings.  Good to be back in the air
again.

Got an invite to join the Kolb gang at Sun and
Fun this year.  I'll be camping with my airplane on
the Kolb Aircraft display as I have for
several years now.  Looking forward to flying
down about the 3d of April.  I think it starts on the
4th.

Plan to fly out to the Rock
House, in Oregon, in Sep for our
annual Kolb flyin.  I'll be celebrating 78
years.  I think I can do it and
enjoy some up close and personal time with just me
and the MKIII on another transcontinental flight.  I
don't know how many of
those I have done in this airplane since I first
flew it in 1992.

john h

mkIII

Titus, Alabama

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lcottrell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Miss P'fer Flies Reply with quote

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net (victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net (victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net)>

Congratulations on getting back in the air.

Where exactly is the Rock House ? Depending on whether my Firestar is flying by then I might be able to attend.

Let me extend an invite to all of you on the Kolb list to join us at the Rock House located in Jordan Valley Oregon this Sept 8th through the 16th. You can even fly something else there if its necessary as long at they can handle a 2800 foot dirt runway at 4000 feet elevation. If you decide to come be sure to be self sufficent - Tents, emergency rations etc. There is plenty of camping and parking space, water and electricity. Pool, Hot tub and Sauna. I will try to have enough fuel on the premises to enable us to fly, we can go get more if we need it. (260 miles round trip) Meals are communal.

location is 42 40.419N  117 51.198 W  If you look on Google Earth for 5070 Hwy 95 S,Jordan Valley,Or you should be able to see the place.
"Yall" come, we'll have a grand ole time.
Larry

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

Richard Pike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Miss P'fer Flies Reply with quote

Good for you. We brought the wings for the FF back from the airport today and washed off several years of dirt and bird poo. Dave wants to just fix them up, but I think I want to just go ahead and recover them. Might as well do it now, I might not feel like it next winter.

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
johngilpin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Miss P'fer Flies Reply with quote

Quote:
Got an invite to join the Kolb gang at Sun and Fun this year. Plan to fly out to the Rock House, in Oregon, in Sep for our annual Kolb flyin. I'll be celebrating 78 years. I think I can do it and enjoy some up close and personal time with just me and the MKIII on another transcontinental flight. I don't know how many of those I have done in this airplane since I first flew it in 1992.

Great news John! Do it! I'll be celebrating 78 as well, and if we don't do it now, when are we goin to do it??..
I feel really fortunate to be still doin it at all.... Just take it a bit easier and don't push too hard...
Have a great adventure, and treasure every bit of it!

I still say you gotta write up some of those adventures, so we can all ride along.

Cheers,
JG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: