Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
BBS Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Canopy Covers

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kearney



Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 556

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Hi

I have been reading posts regarding lightweight travel canopy covers. There seem to be a number of choices including Flightline (who did my interior), Bruce's who did my heavier Cherokee cover, Van's and Cleaveland.

I am interested in something that is light but will not scratch my glass.

I'd be interested in first hand opinions.

Cheers

Les
C-GCWZ


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmaib@me.com



Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Posts: 448
Location: New Smyrna Beach, Florida

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Hi Les. I have used the Flightline cover from day one and could not be happier with it. I use it quite a bit when traveling. More than six years and my glass still looks almost like new. No scratching at all.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
David Maib
RV-10 #40559
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tim Olson



Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2783

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Same here. I borrowed a Cleveland one once when I forgot mine and it's not 1/2 the cover...unless they've changed it since then. And the Bruce's one is a nice cover but it's so heavy if you travel with it you better not need much luggage. It's a better home-use cover.
So that narrows down the choices a little. You'll like the Flightline one though.

Tim

Quote:
On Mar 2, 2015, at 4:52 AM, "dmaib(at)me.com" <dmaib(at)me.com> wrote:



Hi Les. I have used the Flightline cover from day one and could not be happier with it. I use it quite a bit when traveling. More than six years and my glass still looks almost like new. No scratching at all.

--------
David Maib
RV-10 #40559
New Smyrna Beach, FL




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=438869#438869












- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
john(at)trollingers.com
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

I have the cover from Cleveland (only a few months old) and it looks exactly like the Flightline one, not sure if they changed or not.  I have been very happy with it.. extremely light weight.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)>

Same here. I borrowed a Cleveland one once when I forgot mine and it's not 1/2 the cover...unless they've changed it since then.  And the Bruce's one is a nice cover but it's so heavy if you travel with it you better not need much luggage.  It's a better home-use cover.
So that narrows down the choices a little.  You'll like the Flightline one though.

Tim



> On Mar 2, 2015, at 4:52 AM, "dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)" <dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)> wrote:
>
> --> RV10-List message posted by: "dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)" <dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)>
>
> Hi Les. I have used the Flightline cover from day one and could not be happier with it. I use it quite a bit when traveling. More than six years and my glass still looks almost like new. No scratching at all.
>
> --------
> David Maib
> RV-10 #40559
> New Smyrna Beach, FL
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=438869#438869
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


===========
-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========





[b]


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Tim Olson



Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2783

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Cleveland could've definitely change their cover, because the one I borrowed was pretty old for an RV 10, and all it was was a simple nylon cover. It wasn't light blocking like the flightline one is, and it wasn't really waterproof like the flightline one is. I wasn't too impressed with that old one. But if they make it out of different material now, it could be just fine.
Tim


On Mar 2, 2015, at 6:35 AM, John Trollinger <john(at)trollingers.com (john(at)trollingers.com)> wrote:
[quote]I have the cover from Cleveland (only a few months old) and it looks exactly like the Flightline one, not sure if they changed or not. I have been very happy with it.. extremely light weight.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)> wrote:
Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)>

Same here. I borrowed a Cleveland one once when I forgot mine and it's not 1/2 the cover...unless they've changed it since then. And the Bruce's one is a nice cover but it's so heavy if you travel with it you better not need much luggage. It's a better home-use cover.
So that narrows down the choices a little. You'll like the Flightline one though.

Tim



> On Mar 2, 2015, at 4:52 AM, "dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)" <dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)> wrote:
>
> --> RV10-List message posted by: "dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)" <dmaib(at)me.com (dmaib(at)me.com)>
>
> Hi Les. I have used the Flightline cover from day one and could not be happier with it. I use it quite a bit when traveling. More than six years and my glass still looks almost like new. No scratching at all.
>
> --------
> David Maib
> RV-10 #40559
> New Smyrna Beach, FL
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=438869#438869
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


===========
-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
-Matt Dralle, List Admin.
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========







D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
List"">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
//forums.matronics.com
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
ot;">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D


[b]


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bill.peyton



Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Posts: 192
Location: St. Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

I use a Bruce's custom cover, which is their full size cover that fits all the way down to the wing root. It weighs quite a bit compared to the day covers, but I like to use this on long trips.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Bill
WA0SYV
Aviation Partners, LLC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
woxofswa



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 349
Location: AZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

I use the Bruce's lightweight generic cover on the road. It's a tiny bit small for a 10 leaving the bottom couple inches of the door window uncovered, but it is light and packs down to the size of a small O2 bottle. Ton of rain at OSH this year and nothing leaked inside. As far as chafing goes, it is a loose cover that damages windows. This one stretches so tight the wind doesn't move it at all.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Myron Nelson
Mesa, AZ
Flew May 10 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
flying-nut(at)cfl.rr.com
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

If you ask Bruce's for a little longer cover (to cover up those inches)
they'll usually accommodate with little or no extra charge.
Linn

On 3/6/2015 2:38 PM, woxofswa wrote:
Quote:


I use the Bruce's lightweight generic cover on the road. It's a tiny bit small for a 10 leaving the bottom couple inches of the door window uncovered, but it is light and packs down to the size of a small O2 bottle. Ton of rain at OSH this year and nothing leaked inside. As far as chafing goes, it is a loose cover that damages windows. This one stretches so tight the wind doesn't move it at all.

--------
Myron Nelson
Mesa, AZ
Flew May 10 2014


Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=439111#439111




- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
kearney



Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 556

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Hi

So, I picked up a travel cover from Flightline. First off, I was pretty amazed at how light it was. I used to have a Bruce's cover for my PA28 and it was very substantial and heavy. Abbey's cover is marvelously light. It seems to be very well made. I like the velcro straps that go around the steps.

Thank you to everyone who weighed in with advice.

Cheers

Les


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flying-nut(at)cfl.rr.com
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Post a picture when you get one!!!
Linn

On 3/20/2015 9:24 PM, kearney wrote:
Quote:


Hi

So, I picked up a travel cover from Flightline. First off, I was pretty amazed at how light it was. I used to have a Bruce's cover for my PA28 and it was very substantial and heavy. Abbey's cover is marvelously light. It seems to be very well made. I like the velcro straps that go around the steps.

Thank you to everyone who weighed in with advice.

Cheers

Les


Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=439694#439694




- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
kearney



Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 556

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Hi Again

Attached re a couple of pix of the Flightline Interiors travel canopy. In the second I have folded it back so you can see the black back of the material. It is not a two layer cover, rather t appears to be a synthetic material, one side being silver and the other being black.

The cover is very light and folds up into a small bag. It can't weight more than a pound or two.

It is completely impervious to light and appears to be waterproof.

I like that it has 4 sets of retaining straps - two in the front, one that attaches to the step and one at end.

It looks like it can be made quite secure without chaffing. My Bruce's cover on my PA28 had only two straps, the rear one having a chaffing problem - it wore through my paint albeit after 18+ years outside.

The cost was $250 USD plus shipping.

Cheers

Les


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List



IMG_3704.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.07 KB
 Viewed:  3697 Time(s)

IMG_3704.JPG



IMG_3703.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.11 KB
 Viewed:  3697 Time(s)

IMG_3703.jpg


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ALonDer



Joined: 12 Jun 2019
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

I used the Flightline cover too. 2 years passed and I'm happy with it. No scratches, no damage. Planning on traveling thru Europe on my RV-10 the next year, starting from Spain and ending in Lithuania. I'll stop in a few beautiful travel destinations where I won't get bored. Maybe I'll make to taste some Russian vodka and some Moldovian wine and even bring some bottles with me. Has someone else made such a trip? How did you manage it?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Travel Canopy Covers Reply with quote

Dear ALonDer

Would you care to tell us your name?

And I would suggest to begin the tour in Portugal, instead of Spain. For sure, if you begin in Portugal, you will have to pass Spain right after 😄.

Regards
Carlos

Enviado do meu iPhone

No dia 13/08/2019, às 08:09, ALonDer <lolianaron11113(at)yahoo.com> escreveu:

Quote:


I used the Flightline cover too. 2 years passed and I'm happy with it. No scratches, no damage. Planning on traveling thru Europe on my RV-10 the next year, starting from Spain and ending in Lithuania. I'll stop in a few beautiful travel destinations (https://travelazzi.com/) where I won't get bored. Maybe I'll make to taste some Russian vodka and some Moldovian wine and even bring some bottles with me. Has someone else made such a trip? How did you manage it?




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=490822#490822











- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group