Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Injector clocking

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kelly McMullen



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Posts: 1171
Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

Quite frankly, I don't think clocking makes much difference for any but the front two cylinders, #1&2.
Clocking mainly affects what happens with the small amount of fuel in the injector line when you shut down hot.
Were you able to restart the injector bodies in the threads to get better clocking, or did you have to go to higher torque, or?
Quote:
Sent from my TRS-80 Model 100


On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 5:05 PM rvdave <rv610dave(at)gmail.com (rv610dave(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "rvdave" <rv610dave(at)gmail.com (rv610dave(at)gmail.com)>

I found I had the orifice holders clocked opposite what they should have been, so clocked the vent side away from ram air but wasn’t noticeably different.  Of course maybe now I need to retune orifices, my next project to see if it makes a difference for peak egts.

--------
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI




- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Kelly McMullen
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor
KCHD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rvdave



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector clocking Reply with quote

I just cleaned real well and clocking and torque worked out to be at correct location.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rvdave



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Injector clocking Reply with quote

After getting all holders aligned and doing some flight testing I’ve found it has made a significant difference for tuning injectors. I’ve gotten down to where I haven’t been able to run smoothly before at lower lop settings . Now I’m down to one more changeout but am lacking one injector size. After all the injectors I’ve purchased I’m wondering if someone out there has a .026 they would trade for one I have in my abundant inventory?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wgreenley



Joined: 09 Jan 2010
Posts: 97
Location: Dowagiac, MI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, working through the same issues myself, and also in Michigan. Will be reclocking later today. Then off to do some more test flying.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 2:24 PM rvdave <rv610dave(at)gmail.com (rv610dave(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "rvdave" <rv610dave(at)gmail.com (rv610dave(at)gmail.com)>

After getting all holders aligned and doing some flight testing I’ve found it has made a significant difference for tuning injectors.  I’ve gotten down to where I haven’t been able to run smoothly before at lower lop settings .  Now I’m down to one more changeout but am lacking one injector size.  After all the injectors I’ve purchased I’m wondering if someone out there has a .026 they would trade for one I have in my abundant inventory?

--------
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=496835#496835






===========
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========





- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cderk



Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

This is actually an interesting thread. Perhaps the injector design has changed over the year. My screen is 360 degrees, so there is no “clocking”.
That said, Dave, I will probably have .0255 available in a few days when i get my next set from AFP.

Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, at 3:20 PM, William Greenley <wgreenley(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the update, working through the same issues myself, and also in Michigan. Will be reclocking later today. Then off to do some more test flying.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 2:24 PM rvdave <rv610dave(at)gmail.com (rv610dave(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "rvdave" <rv610dave(at)gmail.com (rv610dave(at)gmail.com)>

After getting all holders aligned and doing some flight testing I’ve found it has made a significant difference for tuning injectors. I’ve gotten down to where I haven’t been able to run smoothly before at lower lop settings . Now I’m down to one more changeout but am lacking one injector size. After all the injectors I’ve purchased I’m wondering if someone out there has a .026 they would trade for one I have in my abundant inventory?

--------
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=496835#496835






===========
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
-Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========







- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tim Olson



Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2816

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

I don't have the injector you need, but just wanted to say
that's great news and thanks for posting back. I wasn't sure
how critical it was, but it's nice to hear it did help.
I'll be tuning injectors again later this year on an IO-540
and will have to make sure all is in order when I do it.
Tim
On 6/14/20 1:18 PM, rvdave wrote:
Quote:


After getting all holders aligned and doing some flight testing I’ve found it has made a significant difference for tuning injectors. I’ve gotten down to where I haven’t been able to run smoothly before at lower lop settings . Now I’m down to one more changeout but am lacking one injector size. After all the injectors I’ve purchased I’m wondering if someone out there has a .026 they would trade for one I have in my abundant inventory?

--------
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=496835#496835











- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tim Olson



Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2816

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

The screen is just the screen over the area.
The actual hole is in the base material, underneath the screened area.

Tim
On 6/16/20 2:31 PM, Charlie Derk wrote:
Quote:
This is actually an interesting thread.  Perhaps the injector design has
changed over the year.  My screen is 360 degrees, so there is no “clocking”.

That said, Dave, I will probably have .0255 available in a few days when
i get my next set from AFP.


> On Jun 16, 2020, at 3:20 PM, William Greenley <wgreenley(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 
> Thanks for the update, working through the same issues myself, and
> also in Michigan. Will be reclocking later today. Then off to do some
> more test flying.
>
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 2:24 PM rvdave <rv610dave(at)gmail.com
> <mailto:rv610dave(at)gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>
> <mailto:rv610dave(at)gmail.com>>
>
> After getting all holders aligned and doing some flight testing
> I’ve found it has made a significant difference for tuning
> injectors.  I’ve gotten down to where I haven’t been able to run
> smoothly before at lower lop settings .  Now I’m down to one more
> changeout but am lacking one injector size.  After all the
> injectors I’ve purchased I’m wondering if someone out there has a
> .026 they would trade for one I have in my abundant inventory?
>
> --------
> Dave Ford
> Cadillac, MI
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=496835#496835
> ===========
> -List" rel="noreferrer"
> target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
> ===========
> FORUMS -
> eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
> ===========
> WIKI -
> errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
> ===========
> b Site -
>           -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
> rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
> ===========
>


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dmaib(at)mac.com
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

Dave, I think I have a.026 if you still need one. I’ll check when I go to the airport tomorrow.

David Maib
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2020, at 14:27, rvdave <rv610dave(at)gmail.com> wrote:



After getting all holders aligned and doing some flight testing I’ve found it has made a significant difference for tuning injectors. I’ve gotten down to where I haven’t been able to run smoothly before at lower lop settings . Now I’m down to one more changeout but am lacking one injector size. After all the injectors I’ve purchased I’m wondering if someone out there has a .026 they would trade for one I have in my abundant inventory?

--------
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=496835#496835











- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
rvdave



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector clocking Reply with quote

Thanks all, I just went ahead and ordered one from afp, I got kind of anxious to complete this now, will let you know results.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kelly McMullen



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Posts: 1171
Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

Sometimes I think it is magic. After recleaning and installing 3 injectors that hadn't wanted to clock correctly, I got two of them within 1 flat. The 3rd one, I gave up after 3 installs, always wanting to clock 180 degrees from where it should be. Given it is #4, I'm not too worried about it. I found that 40 in./lbs to 60 in./lbs only moves it about one flat.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:39 PM Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)>

I don't have the injector you need, but just wanted to say
that's great news and thanks for posting back.  I wasn't sure
how critical it was, but it's nice to hear it did help.
I'll be tuning injectors again later this year on an IO-540
and will have to make sure all is in order when I do it.
Tim


On 6/14/20 1:18 PM, rvdave wrote:
> --> RV10-List message posted by: "rvdave" <rv610dave(at)gmail.com (rv610dave(at)gmail.com)>
>
> After getting all holders aligned and doing some flight testing I’ve found it has made a significant difference for tuning injectors.  I’ve gotten down to where I haven’t been able to run smoothly before at lower lop settings .  Now I’m down to one more changeout but am lacking one injector size.  After all the injectors I’ve purchased I’m wondering if someone out there has a .026 they would trade for one I have in my abundant inventory?
>
> --------
> Dave Ford
> Cadillac, MI
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=496835#496835
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
===========
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========





- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Kelly McMullen
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor
KCHD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rvdave



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector clocking Reply with quote

All is well now, I made the assumption earlier that since i balanced injectors initially to the best of my ability that it must be something else causing rough running at lop operations. I was questioning my ignition system, spark plug type, plug gaps, and was even reaching for heat range possibilities. It made the world of difference for my engine to set the injector holders correctly, it may have been only cylinders 1 and 2, who knows but now I’m happy that I can run lop smoothly and not have passengers wondering why the engine “misfires”. Long mystery solved.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tim Olson



Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2816

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Injector clocking Reply with quote

That's great, Dave! Glad you made it through and reported back. More
for the archives for when it hits a future builder!
Tim
On 6/28/20 6:52 PM, rvdave wrote:
Quote:


All is well now, I made the assumption earlier that since i balanced injectors initially to the best of my ability that it must be something else causing rough running at lop operations. I was questioning my ignition system, spark plug type, plug gaps, and was even reaching for heat range possibilities. It made the world of difference for my engine to set the injector holders correctly, it may have been only cylinders 1 and 2, who knows but now I’m happy that I can run lop smoothly and not have passengers wondering why the engine “misfires”. Long mystery solved.

--------
Dave Ford
Cadillac, MI




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=497070#497070











- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group