Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enough Already!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaybannist(at)cs.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

Calf-rope!! (anyone know what that means?) Here in Dallas, it is now 51 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday! At 29 degrees, (no heat in the airplane work area) I can't even squeeze a rivet puller. I know that makes me a wimp, but, hey, we Southerners just aren't used to "yankee" weather. Enough already, I'm ready for Winter to be over!

Jay in Dallas

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
dredmoody(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

I'll argue that one. I've got a coat to match the weather and summertime utility bills are the pits! I like the cold weather.... it doesn't last long enough here for me to get tired of it.

Ed
Do Not Archive

---- Jaybannist(at)cs.com wrote:
Quote:

Calf-rope!! (anyone know what that means?) Here in Dallas, it is now 51 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday! At 29 degrees, (no heat in the airplane work area) I can't even squeeze a rivet puller. I know that makes me a wimp, but, hey, we Southerners just aren't used to "yankee" weather. Enough already, I'm ready for Winter to be over!

Jay in Dallas

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

skyguynca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

Yeah Jay, I know where your saying. I was born and raised in the DFW area,
joined the army to get away to better places...well I spent 12 years in
Germany, not only did I hate the cold before.....now I despise it with a
passion!!

David Mikesell
23597 N. Hwy 99
Acampo, CA 95220
skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com
www.skyguynca.com

---

d.goddard(at)ns.sympatico

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

I really don't blame you for complaining. Bad enough life has stuck you in
Texas, having a slight chill or any other discomfort is far too much to heap
on top of such a grave misfortune. Don't worry, you're bound to be back to
your normal misery soon enough.

---

Jaybannist(at)cs.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

David, I fought a part of the "cold war" serving my time in the Chicago area, working outdoors most of the time. VERY cold and long winters back then. I didn't lose anything out there in that snow (no reason to go looking for it).

Jay in Dallas
Do not archive

"David Mikesell" <skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com> wrote:

[quote]

passion!!

David Mikesell
23597 N. Hwy 99
Acampo, CA 95220
skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com
www.skyguynca.com

---

john.marzulli(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

I live in Seattle, lived north of Dallas, lived in Maryland, and been to Alaska in the dead of winter... but to this day the coldest place I've ever been is San Francisco. Something about the cold there just chills you right through your bones.

On 11/30/06, Jaybannist(at)cs.com (Jaybannist(at)cs.com) <Jaybannist(at)cs.com (Jaybannist(at)cs.com)> wrote:[quote] --> Zenith-List message posted by: Jaybannist(at)cs.com (Jaybannist(at)cs.com)

David, I fought a part of the "cold war" serving my time in the Chicago area, working outdoors most of the time. VERY cold and long winters back then. I didn't lose anything out there in that snow (no reason to go looking for it).

Jay in Dallas
Do not archive

"David Mikesell" <skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com (skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com)> wrote:

[quote]--> Zenith-List message posted by: "David Mikesell" < skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com (skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com)>

passion!!

David Mikesell
23597 N. Hwy 99
Acampo, CA 95220
skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com (skyguynca(at)skyguynca.com)
www.skyguynca.com

---

heliav8r(at)swbell.net

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."
[quote] ---

rsq2424(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

Guys -- the irrlevant messages on this list are getting to be ridiculous. Email strings like this clog up the archives.....for example, if I were to do a search on how to winterize an airplane, or whether there are builders in Dallas, or any other term that happens to be in these emails similar to the one below, then my results would be clogged up with these emails. If you absolutely feel the need to chat with your internet friends, please try to do so privately (off-list), or at the very least use the 'do not archive' tag. As it is, not many people use the archives (as evidenced by repeated threads about corrossion protection, scotchbrite, etc), probably because of all the irrelevant info that pops up when you try to do a search.

Samm Munn <heliav8r(at)swbell.net> wrote:[quote] Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."
[quote] ---

Gig Giacona

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Enough Already! Reply with quote

You post this without putting

DO NOT ARCHIVE

now that's funny.

[quote="rsq2424(at)yahoo.com"]Guys -- the irrlevant messages on this list are getting to be ridiculous. Email strings like this clog up the archives.....for example, if I were to do a search on how to winterize an airplane, or whether there are builders in Dallas, or any other term that happens to be in these emails similar to the one below, then my results would be clogged up with these emails. If you absolutely feel the need to chat with your internet friends, please try to do so privately (off-list), or at the very least use the 'do not archive' tag. As it is, not many people use the archives (as evidenced by repeated threads about corrossion protection, scotchbrite, etc), probably because of all the irrelevant info that pops up when you try to do a search.

Samm Munn <heliav8r> wrote:[quote] Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."
Quote:
---

rsq2424(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

No I didn't -- it is embedded within my message, which is sufficient. But here's another one to make you happy:

do not archive

Gig Giacona <wr.giacona(at)cox.net> wrote:[quote] --> Zenith-List message posted by: "Gig Giacona"

You post this without putting

DO NOT ARCHIVE

now that's funny.

[quote="rsq2424(at)yahoo.com"]Guys -- the irrlevant messages on this list are getting to be ridiculous. Email strings like this clog up the archives.....for example, if I were to do a search on how to winterize an airplane, or whether there are builders in Dallas, or any other term that happens to be in these emails similar to the one below, then my results would be clogged up with these emails. If you absolutely feel the need to chat with your internet friends, please try to do so privately (off-list), [quote][b]

601zv(at)ritternet.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

You mean that 'do not archive' will not work like do not archive and the
message shows up in the archives?
DO NOT ARCHIVE.
---

jhstarn(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure but you can go to the archives & check those posts posted
to the archives today and see if the one with the 'do not archive' made it
or not. I have been only using Do Not Archive for 10 years or so, but it my
understanding that: do not archive, DO NOT ARCHIVE, "Do Not Archive", 'do
not archive' etc etc. at the beginning, in the middle or at the end will
all work. KABONG Do Not Archive

Subject: Re: Re: Enough Already!
Quote:

You mean that 'do not archive' will not work like do not archive and the
message shows up in the archives?
DO NOT ARCHIVE.
Subject: Re: Enough Already!
>
>
> DO NOT ARCHIVE
please try to do so privately (off-list),

Quote:
> or at the very least use the 'do not archive' tag. As it is, not many
> people use the archives (as evidenced by repeated threads about
> corrossion protection, scotchbrite, etc), probably because of all the
> irrelevant info that pops up when you try to do a search.

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Enough Already! Reply with quote

If you read Matt's instructions you will see quite clearly that he said if
you put do not archive any where in the body of your text it won't be
archived... Of course you have to maje sure it's spillef properky.....

Noel

[quote] --

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: