Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
BBS Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Landing light malfunction

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skidmk



Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 169
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

Hey folks,

returned from a flight the other day and got this:

landing light switch is off, the light stayed deployed and on. As soon as the masterswitch is on, the light will come on (even if the switch is in the off position), the light will not retract. The only way to turn off the landing light is to flip the breaker.

anyone seen this? thoughts?


- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List

_________________
Mike "Skidmk" Bourget
Ottawa, Ontario
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
migfighter42(at)gmail.com
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

Landing light up micro switch is either improperly adjusted or broken. Pull the light but leave it plugged in and check travel. Adjust or replace as necessary

Bill
N39DE

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, at 10:57 AM, skidmk <skidmk(at)gmail.com> wrote:



Hey folks,

returned from a flight the other day and got this:

landing light switch is off, the light stayed deployed and on. As soon as the masterswitch is on, the light will come on (even if the switch is in the off position), the light will not retract. The only way to turn off the landing light is to flip the breaker.

anyone seen this? thoughts?

--------
Mike &quot;Skidmk&quot; Bourget
Ottawa, Ontario




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=473502#473502











- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Back to top
Dawg



Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 328

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

I too have that exact problem.

Bill C, with the light extended can we get to the micro switch?
bill g.
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, at 14:40, Bill Culberson <migfighter42(at)gmail.com> wrote:



Landing light up micro switch is either improperly adjusted or broken. Pull the light but leave it plugged in and check travel. Adjust or replace as necessary

Bill
N39DE

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 13, 2017, at 10:57 AM, skidmk <skidmk(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hey folks,
>
> returned from a flight the other day and got this:
>
> landing light switch is off, the light stayed deployed and on. As soon as the masterswitch is on, the light will come on (even if the switch is in the off position), the light will not retract. The only way to turn off the landing light is to flip the breaker.
>
> anyone seen this? thoughts?
>
> --------
> Mike &quot;Skidmk&quot; Bourget
> Ottawa, Ontario
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=473502#473502
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List

_________________
Dawg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
migfighter42(at)gmail.com
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

No, but if you pull the screws out and let it hang (gently) by the harness, the inspection covers on the sides are easily removed and you can watch what happens as you cycle the switch. Pretty easy to adjust.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, at 6:49 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com> wrote:



I too have that exact problem.

Bill C, with the light extended can we get to the micro switch?


bill g.
> On Oct 13, 2017, at 14:40, Bill Culberson <migfighter42(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Landing light up micro switch is either improperly adjusted or broken. Pull the light but leave it plugged in and check travel. Adjust or replace as necessary
>
> Bill
> N39DE
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 13, 2017, at 10:57 AM, skidmk <skidmk(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> returned from a flight the other day and got this:
>>
>> landing light switch is off, the light stayed deployed and on. As soon as the masterswitch is on, the light will come on (even if the switch is in the off position), the light will not retract. The only way to turn off the landing light is to flip the breaker.
>>
>> anyone seen this? thoughts?
>>
>> --------
>> Mike &quot;Skidmk&quot; Bourget
>> Ottawa, Ontario
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=473502#473502
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>







- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Back to top
Dawg



Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 328

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

thank you.

Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, at 22:27, Bill Culberson <migfighter42(at)gmail.com> wrote:



No, but if you pull the screws out and let it hang (gently) by the harness, the inspection covers on the sides are easily removed and you can watch what happens as you cycle the switch. Pretty easy to adjust.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 13, 2017, at 6:49 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> I too have that exact problem.
>
> Bill C, with the light extended can we get to the micro switch?
>
>
> bill g.
>> On Oct 13, 2017, at 14:40, Bill Culberson <migfighter42(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> Landing light up micro switch is either improperly adjusted or broken. Pull the light but leave it plugged in and check travel. Adjust or replace as necessary
>>
>> Bill
>> N39DE
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Oct 13, 2017, at 10:57 AM, skidmk <skidmk(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hey folks,
>>>
>>> returned from a flight the other day and got this:
>>>
>>> landing light switch is off, the light stayed deployed and on. As soon as the masterswitch is on, the light will come on (even if the switch is in the off position), the light will not retract. The only way to turn off the landing light is to flip the breaker.
>>>
>>> anyone seen this? thoughts?
>>>
>>> --------
>>> Mike &quot;Skidmk&quot; Bourget
>>> Ottawa, Ontario
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Read this topic online here:
>>>
>>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=473502#473502
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>






- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List

_________________
Dawg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skidmk



Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 169
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

Thank you! I'll give it a try this week

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List

_________________
Mike "Skidmk" Bourget
Ottawa, Ontario
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skidmk



Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 169
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

Update:

for both aircraft, it turns out the "ground" wire pulled itself loose from the cannon plug. Both are functioning now quite nicely.

Thanks for the hints.

M


- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List

_________________
Mike "Skidmk" Bourget
Ottawa, Ontario
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
N777ZE



Joined: 27 Mar 2016
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Landing light malfunction Reply with quote

Ground wire? Mine grounds through the airframe I found.

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group